+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa Rejection

vincyluthra

Aug 1, 2017
This is in reference to my parents' visitor visa which was rejected a few weeks ago. ATIP notes which I got after the refusal say, "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

As of now, even if they get a chance to visit us in Canada, it's going to short term like 8-12 weeks. Both of my parents are retired government employees (Not from defence or any concern-raising departments).

So I wanted your valuable advice on how to proceed:
- Should I apply again for a visitor visa with medical insurance?
- Or should I apply for a super visa for both in a single go?
- Or should I apply for a super visa for Mom and Dad separately after a gap of a few weeks or months?

List of documents that I submitted earlier:
National ID
- Adhaar Card (Both Parents)

Passport
- All Pages (Both Parents)

Financial Statements
- Invitation Letter from me and wife (Notarized) - citing the reason as a housewarming
- My Birth certificate - shows I am my parents' biological son
- Copy of my passport - showing my parents' name
- My bank statements showing sufficient savings - 50k CAD
- Employment Letter - self - 75k Annual Salary
- Wife's Employment Letter - 55K Annual Salary
- Mother's property (3 Crore INR), liquid assets (25 Lakh INR) evaluation Report - prepared by CA in India, similar documentation for Dad with liquid assets worth 40 Lakhs INR
- Parent's Bank account statements - last 6 Months

Representative Form
Consent Form

Letter of Explanation:
- PR Cards - myself and wife (last month we got our Citizenships - hope it helps next time)
- Canadian IDs - my and my wife's
- Income Tax Returns - Canada - myself and wife - last 2 years
- Canada Town Home Purchase Contract and Addendum

Marriage Certificate:
- Affidavit for Parents' Marriage

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is in reference to my parents' visitor visa which was rejected a few weeks ago. ATIP notes which I got after the refusal say, "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

As of now, even if they get a chance to visit us in Canada, it's going to short term like 8-12 weeks. Both of my parents are retired government employees (Not from defence or any concern-raising departments).

So I wanted your valuable advice on how to proceed:
- Should I apply again for a visitor visa with medical insurance?
- Or should I apply for a super visa for both in a single go?
- Or should I apply for a super visa for Mom and Dad separately after a gap of a few weeks or months?

List of documents that I submitted earlier:
National ID
- Adhaar Card (Both Parents)

Passport
- All Pages (Both Parents)

Financial Statements
- Invitation Letter from me and wife (Notarized) - citing the reason as a housewarming
- My Birth certificate - shows I am my parents' biological son
- Copy of my passport - showing my parents' name
- My bank statements showing sufficient savings - 50k CAD
- Employment Letter - self - 75k Annual Salary
- Wife's Employment Letter - 55K Annual Salary
- Mother's property (3 Crore INR), liquid assets (25 Lakh INR) evaluation Report - prepared by CA in India, similar documentation for Dad with liquid assets worth 40 Lakhs INR
- Parent's Bank account statements - last 6 Months

Representative Form
Consent Form

Letter of Explanation:
- PR Cards - myself and wife (last month we got our Citizenships - hope it helps next time)
- Canadian IDs - my and my wife's
- Income Tax Returns - Canada - myself and wife - last 2 years
- Canada Town Home Purchase Contract and Addendum

Marriage Certificate:
- Affidavit for Parents' Marriage
8-12 weeks is not a short visit, and if for a housewarming then way too long. How much in Canadian funds (cash) did they show? Your funds are not relevant unless applying for a supervisa. Assume NOA meets LICO. So apply for a super-visa with medicals and health insurance for both since parents don’t seem to have the funds for a long visit.

Reactions: vincyluthra

vincyluthra

Aug 1, 2017
Mom and Dad had around 40k CAD and 65k CAD respectively in their accounts.

I will proceed with Super Visa.

Will it be okay if I apply for their super visas separately or should I apply together?

Reason I am asking this question is that my Dad’s passport is going to expire next year in December, so cant apply for renewal until this December.

So I was thinking of initiating Mom’s super visa application (her passport has 9 year validity), followed by Dad’s when his new passport arrives with 10 year validity.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Mom and Dad had around 40k CAD and 65k CAD respectively in their accounts.

I will proceed with Super Visa.

Will it be okay if I apply for their super visas separately or should I apply together?

Reason I am asking this question is that my Dad’s passport is going to expire next year in December, so cant apply for renewal until this December.

So I was thinking of initiating Mom’s super visa application (her passport has 9 year validity), followed by Dad’s when his new passport arrives with 10 year validity.
You can do this

Reactions: vincyluthra