+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa refused

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
I applied for my parents' visitor visa to attend my Master's graduation ceremony in June. Unfortunately, it was refused for family ties in Canada and not enough family ties outside Canada. Along with that, it also mentioned purpose of visit as a third reason. We did show over $20k in Canada in my and my brother's account and over $15k in my parent's account.

Me and my brother are both in Canada on PGWP and earn >50k per year each. What should I do next? Can I apply for reconsideration? Do you think the officer made any errors?

I've submitted all the documents and I don't know what else I can do. Feeling down that I cannot get this done so I can have my parents to celebrate my graduation with :(

P.S. I applied on the new portal

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello,

sorry to hear that, I don’t know what’s going on with visit visas,my father applied for his visit visa in 2020, and still there’s no reply from them. I hope you can reapply with a representative after consulting an immigration lawyer and see what he says

best wishes

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for my parents' visitor visa to attend my Master's graduation ceremony in June. Unfortunately, it was refused for family ties in Canada and not enough family ties outside Canada. Along with that, it also mentioned purpose of visit as a third reason. We did show over $20k in Canada in my and my brother's account and over $15k in my parent's account.

Me and my brother are both in Canada on PGWP and earn >50k per year each. What should I do next? Can I apply for reconsideration? Do you think the officer made any errors?

I've submitted all the documents and I don't know what else I can do. Feeling down that I cannot get this done so I can have my parents to celebrate my graduation with :(

P.S. I applied on the new portal
So what are their family ties to home country if both coming to Canada?