+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor visa refusal

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
The standard reason of refusal:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

I just provided paystubs and family pictures and Aadhar card for family members.
Each applicant has to show their own finances if over age > 18
They need to show reasons to go back to India

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Did u reapplied or reconsideration accepted.
I am yet to apply for my mom and brother and his family. Just going thru all forums for better inputs.

Hence asking @ayush.dafraik to explain how they proceeded with reconsideration after getting rejected ? What additional documents or additional letter provided ?

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

I just provided paystubs and family pictures and Aadhar card for family members.
Thanks for the response. Have a great stay with your family.

sunny1977

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019

Did u reapplied or reconsideration accepted.

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
Applied for my spouse visa on new portal from India

Timeline:
Submitted: 19th May 2022
Biometric request: 20th May
Biometric completed: 6th June
BVL: 20th Oct
Refusal: 21th Oct

Reconsideration applied on 15th Nov
Application started again on 3rd Jan 2023
PPR 4th January 2023
Hello Ayush,

My parents visa was also refused for the same two first two reasons. Could you please share what changes or information you submitted for reconsideration? It would mean so much. Thank you.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
The thing is, if you apply for a visitor visa for a parent from a country where no one has money, the amount of funds shown doesn't matter. In countries like India where lots of people have money, it's a different story. As I reported earlier today my wife's mom was approved for a six year multiple entry visa from Cuba . She owns nothing except an apartment worth maybe $5k. And a $12 per month retirement check.

it's all relative. You have to consider the circumstances of the application.

Btw I used to live in India.

djluvrocks

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Applied for my spouse visa on new portal from India

Timeline:
Submitted: 19th May 2022
Biometric request: 20th May
Biometric completed: 6th June
BVL: 20th Oct
Refusal: 21th Oct

Reconsideration applied on 15th Nov
Application started again on 3rd Jan 2023
PPR 4th January 2023
What is 'reconsideration'? Is it a step/process. How did you initiate reconsideration in your case.

You mentioned application started on 3rd Jan 2023. Was it automatic or you started a new application.

Thanks!