+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor visa refusal

mayurmd

Dec 28, 2022
Hello friends, I applied my parents visitor visa on 15 June 2022 and it got refused on 22 Nov 2022 due to following reason :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html).

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I had attached following documents for me and my parents
  1. Invitation letter from me
  2. Proof of funds
    1. Total funds shown CAD 22,500 for 2 months stay
    2. Sponsorship letter
    3. My employment letter and pay slips
    4. Bank account statement(my and parents)
    5. FD and mutual funds investment(my parents)
    6. ITR for last 2 years
  3. Travel history to Europe, signapore
  4. Additional document
    1. Pension slips
    2. Property document
Can anyone help me to understand the reason and should I reapply?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello friends, I applied my parents visitor visa on 15 June 2022 and it got refused on 22 Nov 2022 due to following reason :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html).

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

2. Proof of funds
    2. Sponsorship letter
    6. ITR for last 2 years
  4. Additional document
    1. Pension slips
    2. Property document
TRV is based on your parents savings and especially personal liquid savings. How much were they able to show in personal liquid savings. How much in FD which would not be considered liquid? When did they travel to Europe and which country? Was it both parents? Was it for business or personal reasons?

mayurmd

Dec 28, 2022
Thanks canuck78 for your reply.

How much were they able to show in personal liquid savings?
  • Liquid savings : 7200 CAD
How much in FD which would not be considered liquid?
  • FD: CAD 65000
  • Mutual funds: CAD 30k
When did they travel to Europe and which country?
  • France and Netherland in 2019
Was it both parents?
  • Yes both parents
Was it for business or personal reasons?
  • Visiting son working in Canada

Also can I redeem some of the investment(around CAD 20k) from Mutual funds and show it as proof of funds?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks canuck78 for your reply.

How much were they able to show in personal liquid savings?
  • Liquid savings : 7200 CAD
How much in FD which would not be considered liquid?
  • FD: CAD 65000
  • Mutual funds: CAD 30k
When did they travel to Europe and which country?
  • France and Netherland in 2019
Was it both parents?
  • Yes both parents
Was it for business or personal reasons?
  • Visiting son working in Canada

Also can I redeem some of the investment(around CAD 20k) from Mutual funds and show it as proof of funds?
Was the travel to Europe for business or personal reasons.

Liquid funds are way too low which is why they were denied.

mayurmd

Dec 28, 2022
Travel to Europe was also for tourism.

I am planning to withdraw some amount from mutual funds. Would CAD 20k sufficient for visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Travel to Europe was also for tourism.

I am planning to withdraw some amount from mutual funds. Would CAD 20k sufficient for visa?
Don’t withdraw if they take a huge financial hit to visit especially 20k. Do they qualify for a supervisa which would be based on your income earned on your NOA?

mayurmd

Dec 28, 2022
I am on work permit in Canada. Even if we withdraw 20k, they still have more than 65k investment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am on work permit in Canada. Even if we withdraw 20k, they still have more than 65k investment.
Persinal choice but without knowing whether they will even get approved taking out 20k when the market is way down is pretty extreme. At least take out only 5k or something similar. They should only be asking to stay for 2-3 weeks for best chance of approval.

mayurmd

Dec 28, 2022
Hi canuck78, good morning!

Understood. Just few more questions:
1. With withdrawal of 5k-6k will have around 15k in liquid in their bank. Would this be sufficient?
2. Also they have US visa appointment for B1/B2 coming. Would Canadien refusal impact their US visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78, good morning!

Understood. Just few more questions:
1. With withdrawal of 5k-6k will have around 15k in liquid in their bank. Would this be sufficient?
2. Also they have US visa appointment for B1/B2 coming. Would Canadien refusal impact their US visa?
1. Impossible to say. There isn’t a set amount.
2. Yes it could but doesn’t mean US visa will be refused. The US has their own criteria and it is actually easier to get a US visitor visa than a Canadian one.

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016

2. Proof of funds
    2. Sponsorship letter
    6. ITR for last 2 years
  4. Additional document
    1. Pension slips
    2. Property document
Hey I am also appling for my Mom, elder brother and his family for a visitor visa.

Looks like your parents refusal is because "You have not established that you will leave Canada" not mainly for financial reasons.
Look for something which makes IRCC to think that they will leave Canada and go back to India.

Just my thought and I am not an expert though. All the best.

ayush.dafraik

Oct 9, 2017
Applied for my spouse visa on new portal from India

Timeline:
Submitted: 19th May 2022
Biometric request: 20th May
Biometric completed: 6th June
BVL: 20th Oct
Refusal: 21th Oct

Reconsideration applied on 15th Nov
Application started again on 3rd Jan 2023
PPR 4th January 2023

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Applied for my spouse visa on new portal from India

Timeline:
Submitted: 19th May 2022
Biometric request: 20th May
Biometric completed: 6th June
BVL: 20th Oct
Refusal: 21th Oct

Reconsideration applied on 15th Nov
Application started again on 3rd Jan 2023
PPR 4th January 2023
Whats the reason for refusal in first place ?
What changes you did at the time of reconsideration ?

ayush.dafraik

Oct 9, 2017
The standard reason of refusal:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

I just provided paystubs and family pictures and Aadhar card for family members.

Reactions: Lucky2016