+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents' Visitor Visa Refusal using new portal

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Hello,

I had applied for both my mother and father's visit visa using the new IRCC portal which has been refused. Below is the timeline:
Submission of Application November 3rd
Biometrics Collection Letter November 4th
Biometrics acknowledgment November 8th
Biometrics Validity Letter November 19th
Refusal Letter November 19th

The grounds of the refusal are:
- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

The funds that I had shown for both of them were roughly $7300. Since my mom is a housewife, I attached the same documents i.e. father's account maintenance certificate verifying that the account is in my father and is active with a decent history, balance certificate (not a bank statement) showing the balance in PKR and my father's employment letter which didn't have the salary but had my father's role and stated the fact that my father will be taking a leave for a month to join me and my wife in Canada and will be rejoining after a month.

Both of them have a short travel history of only 1-2 trips within the middle east.

For purpose, I had shown that its to unite with an immediate family member who is a permanent resident of Canada. However, since my wife is expecting next month, I had also mentioned that they will be joining us during the birth of our child and will be spending time with us. To support that I had attached the doctor's letter stating my wife's condition, expected due date and my parents' address and passport details.

Below is a relevant extract from the invitation letter that I had written to prove ties and mentioning the finances:
'My spouse and I are expecting our first child who is due for birth around mid-December of this year, and we are looking forward to sharing that happiness with my parents who would be equally thrilled to be meeting their grandchild and visiting Canada during the holiday season. My parents intend to stay in Canada for four weeks from December 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021, and will leave Canada on January 1, 2022. My younger brothers who will be staying back depend on my mother as she cooks and takes care of the house while my father who will be on leave from his employment for a month will be returning after his stay to rejoin. While in Canada, my parents will stay with us at our current residence which means there will be no additional burden in terms of lodging expenses on us or on them, and while we will cover their food expenses during this period; flight costs will be covered by them.'

I know that the funds shown are not that much and that's why I had specifically mentioned that they won't have to bear any accommodation and food expenses and that they will only have to pay for airfare.
I could not show property documents to prove ties as our home is in my grandmother's name so that wouldn't have served the purposes.

Now I want to reapply we really want them to be with us while my wife gives birth but not sure what additional proofs can I submit or what changes can I make to the invitation letter to make it look more convincing.

Looking for guidance!! Thank you.

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
CA Evaluation of Asset, some more funds, Tax cedrtificate for both, your financial support declaration notarized, your bank statement, your tax certificate, you try to become their sponsor. try to show some immovable asset from home country for both ur parents

3sports

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hello,

I had applied for both my mother and father's visit visa using the new IRCC portal which has been refused. Below is the timeline:

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

The funds that I had shown for both of them were roughly $7300. Since my mom is a housewife, I attached the same documents i.e. father's account maintenance certificate verifying that the account is in my father and is active with a decent history, balance certificate (not a bank statement) showing the balance in PKR and my father's employment letter which didn't have the salary but had my father's role and stated the fact that my father will be taking a leave for a month to join me and my wife in Canada and will be rejoining after a month.

Both of them have a short travel history of only 1-2 trips within the middle east.

For purpose, I had shown that its to unite with an immediate family member who is a permanent resident of Canada. However, since my wife is expecting next month, I had also mentioned that they will be joining us during the birth of our child and will be spending time with us. To support that I had attached the doctor's letter stating my wife's condition, expected due date and my parents' address and passport details.

Below is a relevant extract from the invitation letter that I had written to prove ties and mentioning the finances:
'My spouse and I are expecting our first child who is due for birth around mid-December of this year, and we are looking forward to sharing that happiness with my parents who would be equally thrilled to be meeting their grandchild and visiting Canada during the holiday season. My parents intend to stay in Canada for four weeks from December 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021, and will leave Canada on January 1, 2022. My younger brothers who will be staying back depend on my mother as she cooks and takes care of the house while my father who will be on leave from his employment for a month will be returning after his stay to rejoin. While in Canada, my parents will stay with us at our current residence which means there will be no additional burden in terms of lodging expenses on us or on them, and while we will cover their food expenses during this period; flight costs will be covered by them.'

I know that the funds shown are not that much and that's why I had specifically mentioned that they won't have to bear any accommodation and food expenses and that they will only have to pay for airfare.
I could not show property documents to prove ties as our home is in my grandmother's name so that wouldn't have served the purposes.

Now I want to reapply we really want them to be with us while my wife gives birth but not sure what additional proofs can I submit or what changes can I make to the invitation letter to make it look more convincing.

I strongly believe that since you're inviting them you should prove your financial ability to support their visit. You're taking ownership of their stay and local expenses. Thus your financial ability is to be shown as proof for the application.

Kylie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hello,

put just 3 weeks of visits morethan a month is questionable