+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa - questions - please help

Messi lional

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Hi there .

I am planning to apply for my parents visitor visa . My father is working for 1 company from last 35 years. He is getting his salary and commission in cash and company will provide letter of employment stating he is working from last 35 years and getting his salary in cash . They can provide salary slip of last 12 months . We don’t have any property in India but we have rental agreement on my fathers name . We can show up to 4 lacs in my moms accout and 2.5 lacs in my fathers account ( all currency is in Indian rupee). We can show CA report with all details including liquid fund and jewellery . We can show bank statements . I have been living in Canada from last 8 years and I can show my letter of employment , pay stubs and bank statements. I can show funds in my wife’s Indian bank account. I can also give them resone like “ I have been living in Canada from last 8 years and I want to call my parent for visit . And I will list all famous place for visit . 3 weeks visit is enough to show in invitation letter .

Please advise and try to give me answer of all my question .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there .

I am planning to apply for my parents visitor visa . My father is working for 1 company from last 35 years. He is getting his salary and commission in cash and company will provide letter of employment stating he is working from last 35 years and getting his salary in cash . They can provide salary slip of last 12 months . We don’t have any property in India but we have rental agreement on my fathers name . We can show up to 4 lacs in my moms accout and 2.5 lacs in my fathers account ( all currency is in Indian rupee). We can show CA report with all details including liquid fund and jewellery . We can show bank statements . I have been living in Canada from last 8 years and I can show my letter of employment , pay stubs and bank statements. I can show funds in my wife’s Indian bank account. I can also give them resone like “ I have been living in Canada from last 8 years and I want to call my parent for visit . And I will list all famous place for visit . 3 weeks visit is enough to show in invitation letter .

Please advise and try to give me answer of all my question .
A TRV is mainly dependent on your parents finances not your own so no need to include things like your own pay stubs. Cost of your mom’s jewelry is also not something that is helpful to get TRV approval. You need to work on their ties to India especially since they don’t have property. Do they have a current rental agreement. Any form of commitment to prove they have to return to Canada. Are they caring for their parents?

Messi lional

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
A TRV is mainly dependent on your parents finances not your own so no need to include things like your own pay stubs. Cost of your mom’s jewelry is also not something that is helpful to get TRV approval. You need to work on their ties to India especially since they don’t have property. Do they have a current rental agreement. Any form of commitment to prove they have to return to Canada. Are they caring for their parents?
Yes my father has job in India . Yes they have rental agreement. They have fund in bank account as well . I will show my employment letter with my yearly income

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello Friends,

I am PR holder and living here from last 2 years and planning to apply for parents visitor visa. I want to know how much amount they should have in their bank and FD's will consider or not and property papers also. Can i attach my indian bank balance statement and canadian bank statement to support their stay and travel expense.

Secondly, if i would like to invite my sister and her daughter so they also have to show some funds or if my father shows that he will pay for all the expenses for my sister and her daughter , then it will work and in that case how much should be liquid funds and will Fd's consider in that case.

Thirdly, i should apply for 4 members visa together like my father, mother, sister and her daughter or should i go for my parents first and then for my sister and her daughter after parents visa approval. or is it possible to apply for my sister daughter visa along with my parents without my sister visa

My mother is a LIC agent and my father was having real estate business but not registered. so what should i show in that case retired?

They have their ITR's , FD's for 27-40 lakhs , 4-5 lakhs in bank account and properties. Is it okk to show and what should i show to prove their ties with INDIA and to convince that they will go back to INDIA

They dont have the marriage certificate so their passports, my passport and other government documents are enough to prove their relationship right or do they require any affidavit from court

Please advise

Thanks