+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa got refused twice

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
Hi , I confused now not sure what to do , looking for suggestions.

I am PR and try to invite my parents but visas got refused twice already. Applied by Indian agent in india
reasons -
1- insufficient fund - but fund are more then enough in bank savings.
2- purpose of visit not consistent.

I m thinking of applying single parent by myself.
Not sure if I can apply right now or it’s just wait for couple of months because last refusal was on 15th June 2023.

Or instead of me applying get professional agent help in Canada so he can apply for both parents again.

if some one has any ideas please let me know . Thanks

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

I am PR and try to invite my parents but visas got refused twice already. Applied by Indian agent in india
reasons -

Not sure if I can apply right now or it’s just wait for couple of months because last refusal was on 15th June 2023.

Or instead of me applying get professional agent help in Canada so he can apply for both parents again.

If you have PR & Meet LICO then Super Visa is better

What are your parents doing back home ? How did you show visit is temporary?

How much funds did you show for both?

Apply Notes & understand details. If your application is done right and still refused then you can do JR but not all refusals get settled.

You can apply anytime - No rule to wait but make sure to submit a proper application

If you hired an agent, did you review all submissions?

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
If you have PR & Meet LICO then Super Visa is better

What are your parents doing back home ? How did you show visit is temporary?

How much funds did you show for both?

Apply Notes & understand details. If your application is done right and still refused then you can do JR but not all refusals get settled.

You can apply anytime - No rule to wait but make sure to submit a proper application

If you hired an agent, did you review all submissions?
If you have PR & Meet LICO then Super Visa is better- I don’t think I’m eligible for that.

What are your parents doing back home ? How did you show visit is temporary? Retired army / house wife. I just write in Letter showed 1 month visit

How much funds did you show for both? 12 lakhs

Apply Notes & understand details. If your application is done right and still refused then you can do JR but not all refusals get settled. - do you what kind gcms option I can select , I see 2 options and what is jr?

You can apply anytime - No rule to wait but make sure to submit a proper application - ok but do think applying single parent is good idea instead of both ?

If you hired an agent, did you review all submissions? Not really

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
If you have PR & Meet LICO then Super Visa is better- I don’t think I’m eligible for that.

What are your parents doing back home ? How did you show visit is temporary? Retired army / house wife. I just write in Letter showed 1 month visit

How much funds did you show for both? 12 lakhs

Apply Notes & understand details. If your application is done right and still refused then you can do JR but not all refusals get settled. - do you what kind gcms option I can select , I see 2 options and what is jr?

You can apply anytime - No rule to wait but make sure to submit a proper application - ok but do think applying single parent is good idea instead of both ?

If you hired an agent, did you review all submissions? Not really
Applying for parents visitor visa is a straight forward process so not sure why you have to use an agent. As others suggested do a FOIP request to get the case file notes for your parents and try to remedy the issue based on the FOIP notes before reapplying. Some things to strenghten your case are funds in a Canadian back for you, Notice of assessments for the last three years, current employment letter showing your annual salary, pay slips for the past six months, travel insurance for parents and a notrized affidivat to tell that you will be supporting them and will make sure they will go back to India after their visit etc. Good luck.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
If you have PR & Meet LICO then Super Visa is better- I don’t think I’m eligible for that. check here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

What are your parents doing back home ? How did you show visit is temporary? Retired army / house wife. I just write in Letter showed 1 month visit What was the purpose of visit and how did you show they will go back by the end? Rather why ?

How much funds did you show for both? 12 lakhs Are these old enough? In what form are these funds sitting?

Apply Notes & understand details. If your application is done right and still refused then you can do JR but not all refusals get settled. - do you what kind gcms option I can select , I see 2 options and what is jr?Notes can be from CBSA or IRCC - JR = Judicial Review

You can apply anytime - No rule to wait but make sure to submit a proper application - ok but do think applying single parent is good idea instead of both ?Still doesn't add up because you need to establish solid purpose of visit for that one parent

If you hired an agent, did you review all submissions? Not really Well this is a huge mistake because you are not sure what was even transmitted in the application then

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

reasons -

How long did they ask to visit? The fact that you don’t meet LICO is likely one concern. Are your parents savings in liquid cash? Things like having savings in fixed deposits are not considered as accessible cash which is what IRCC wants to see. Have your parents travelled abroad before? To where and when? Do you have my siblings? Where do they live? What ties do your parents have to their home country?

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
Applying for parents visitor visa is a straight forward process so not sure why you have to use an agent - I know I did mistake .
As others suggested do a FOIP request to get the case file notes for your parents and try to remedy the issue based on the FOIP notes before reapplying - sure thanks .

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
index.html). I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

—— first is reason can be resolved by showing more cash funds . But how can resolve the 2nd reason (trip was to visit me and my family). Please advise. Thanks

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
If you have PR & Meet LICO then Super Visa is better- I don’t think I’m eligible for that. check here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

What was the purpose of visit - visiting me and my family and how did you show they will go back by the end? Rather why - my younger brother n sister in India that is the reason I used ?

Are these old enough? In what form are these funds sitting?- yes , cash in bank .

Notes can be from CBSA or IRCC - JR = Judicial Review - yes I m going to apply for gcms notes

Well this is a huge mistake because you are not sure what was even transmitted in the application then- is there any way I can send you documents which I have , so you can able to find what mistakes was done ?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
index.html). I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). For 2 adults to spend a month, do the math and come up with a number that will be sufficient to cover living costs and travel. Since you are not meeting LICO, they should have at least 25% more than what they will need.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. There are not enough home ties and looks like no reason to leave by the end of the stay

What do your siblings do?
How did you show they will leave canada and go back to be with them?
What was the activities planned for them here in Canada while visiting you? Did you show any vacation bookings etc?

—— first is reason can be resolved by showing more cash funds . But how can resolve the 2nd reason (trip was to visit me and my family). Please advise. Thanks

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
This is the letter submitted to cic as explaining from my parents side . With the application. and the second one is the invitation i did wrote. can anyone check if you find any mistakes was done. Thanks

Surprisingly, our applications for visitor visa were previously refused. The urge to meet our son has convinced me to apply again and make an appeal hereby to reconsider my application as I truly believe that we are genuine applicants with no intention to stay back (as suspected by visa officer in previous applications). Below are major reasons why we have no intention to abandon India:
a) I am an EX- Sergeant in the Indian Army for which I am getting pension every month. Collectively, my annual pension accumulates to be Rs.***** (Just less than five lacs). On top of this I earn interest on my savings. These figures are evident on my Income Tax return file for assessment year 2023-24. I wish to prove that the above figures must convince you to believe that we are financially very sound and have no intention to abandon our strong financial establishment in India.
b) As mentioned above that I am an EX- Sergeant in the Indian Army, therefore, my foremost purpose is to serve my nation and I am very responsible and hard-working citizen of India. As I have my fixed assets, property in my home country and we love to spend more and more time on our motherland, there would be no such persons who if reaches Canada and would stay there ill legally and leaving his/her responsibilities for her or his family and present valuable assets. We will be back within three or four weeks of my visit as I am key-holder person and head of my family. I have my younger son & daughter and their families here so; there is no chance to stay back there.
c) I have approximately more than twenty five Lacs rupees readily available to use for my trip to Canada. Moreover my Son is Permanent resident in Canada; he can support us in case if needed.Our funds are old and accrued from savings gradually with passage of time. This evidence again should make you believe that we are financially capable to fund our trip.
d) We have real-estate worth nearby lacs Indian rupees on our name with no financial liability towards any bank or institution. We have no intention to abandon these properties and stay back in Canada. There is no reason why we would abandon our hard-earned money and property.
e) We are enjoying very comfortable and well-respected social and familial life here in India. We have no intention to abandon the respect and comfort of our life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------invitation letter form me
4. That I wish to invite my parents my father *********) and my mother *********** resident of House *********India to come to Canada on visitor Visa. I am very close to my parents and I have not had a chance to see them for sometime. I am looking forward to having them spend quality time with me here and would like to take them to see the beautiful sites of Ontario, Canada. They also miss me and are looking forward to seeing their daughter-in-law and their grandson.

5. That I support their application for visitor visa and confirm that they will enter and leave Canada as required by the visa issued and further, that they will not violate the visa’s terms and conditions.

6. That I have sufficient funds to support my parents visit. I have the financial means and undertake to be fully responsible for the care and support of the sponsored, including allfood, lodging, medical, travel and other expenses incurred by my parents during the short visit to Canada and my parents also have enough funds if needed.

just like to mention I earn 33 000 per year .

Last edited:

oik100

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Surprisingly, our applications for visitor visa were previously refused. The urge to meet our son has convinced me to apply again and make an appeal hereby to reconsider my application as I truly believe that we are genuine applicants with no intention to stay back (as suspected by visa officer in previous applications). Below are major reasons why we have no intention to abandon India:
a) I am an EX- Sergeant in the Indian Army for which I am getting pension every month. Collectively, my annual pension accumulates to be Rs.4, 71,470 (Just less than five lacs). On top of this I earn interest on my savings. These figures are evident on my Income Tax return file for assessment year 2023-24. I wish to prove that the above figures must convince you to believe that we are financially very sound and have no intention to abandon our strong financial establishment in India.
b) As mentioned above that I am an EX- Sergeant in the Indian Army, therefore, my foremost purpose is to serve my nation and I am very responsible and hard-working citizen of India. As I have my fixed assets, property in my home country and we love to spend more and more time on our motherland, there would be no such persons who if reaches Canada and would stay there ill legally and leaving his/her responsibilities for her or his family and present valuable assets. We will be back within three or four weeks of my visit as I am key-holder person and head of my family. I have my younger son & daughter and their families here so; there is no chance to stay back there.
c) I have approximately more than twenty five Lacs rupees readily available to use for my trip to Canada. Moreover my Son is Permanent resident in Canada; he can support us in case if needed.Our funds are old and accrued from savings gradually with passage of time. This evidence again should make you believe that we are financially capable to fund our trip.
d) We have real-estate worth nearby lacs Indian rupees on our name with no financial liability towards any bank or institution. We have no intention to abandon these properties and stay back in Canada. There is no reason why we would abandon our hard-earned money and property.
e) We are enjoying very comfortable and well-respected social and familial life here in India. We have no intention to abandon the respect and comfort of our life.

This is the letter submitted to cic as explaining from my parents side . With the application.
one idea I can give you is you should say that you will support them financially during their visit to Canada and attach your bank statements to the application as well. Because the only valid concern I see from IRCC is accessible funds.

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
one idea I can give you is you should say that you will support them financially during their visit to Canada and attach your bank statements to the application as well. Because the only valid concern I see from IRCC is accessible funds.
thanks but I did that also . Still got refused . Can you pls check the both Letter again I just edit them .