Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am preparing file for my parents' Visitor Visa (TRV) application. Can someone please help with following queries:

1. Is it required to include my Parents' marriage certificate as a supporting document? I will be writing a common Letter of Invitation in which I will introduce themselves as my parents and provide all other required details. Do they need to provide their marriage certificate as supporting document?

2. There is a minor name mismatch in my parents' name written on their respective passports and the names writen on my Passport. The names written on my passport has an additional 'bhai' appended to my father's first name. Can that pose a problem during application?

For example,

Father's name on my passport: Anilbhai Mukund Patel
My father's name on his passport: Anil Mukund Patel

Mother's name on my passport: Ramila Anilbhai Patel
My mother's name on her passport: Ramila Anil Patel

Will it be fine if we explain this difference in the Cover Letter / Letter of Explanation in the application?

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,

I am preparing file for my parents' Visitor Visa (TRV) application. Can someone please help with following queries:

1. Is it required to include my Parents' marriage certificate as a supporting document? I will be writing a common Letter of Invitation in which I will introduce themselves as my parents and provide all other required details. Do they need to provide their marriage certificate as supporting document?

2. There is a minor name mismatch in my parents' name written on their respective passports and the names writen on my Passport. The names written on my passport has an additional 'bhai' appended to my father's first name. Can that pose a problem during application?

For example,

Will it be fine if we explain this difference in the Cover Letter / Letter of Explanation in the application?

Thanks,
How are their names written on your birth certificate? Or your school certificate?

CanadaItIs

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How are their names written on your birth certificate? Or your school certificate?
Names on birth certificates and school leaving certificate also don't match with the names on my parent's passport. They have the same difference of "bhai" at the end of my father's first name.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Names on birth certificates and school leaving certificate also don't match with the names on my parent's passport. They have the same difference of "bhai" at the end of my father's first name.
Technically speaking, it is considered as a major difference in the name.

You can do this:
1. Include your dad's birth certificate which would probably not have the "bhai" in it (or any other official document)

2. Include your parents' marriage certificate

3. Include an explanation that "bhai" is a cultural thing.... and that the names on your passport and your dad's passport are the identity of the same person

CanadaItIs

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically speaking, it is considered as a major difference in the name.

You can do this:
1. Include your dad's birth certificate which would probably not have the "bhai" in it (or any other official document)

2. Include your parents' marriage certificate

3. Include an explanation that "bhai" is a cultural thing.... and that the names on your passport and your dad's passport are the identity of the same person

Many thanks Bryanna.. We were planning to submit an affidavit from my father along with the Letter of Explanation. In the affidavit, he will state that he is known and identified with both the names (with and without "bhai"). Do you think it will be good idea to submit affidavit?

Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Many thanks Bryanna.. We were planning to submit an affidavit from my father along with the Letter of Explanation. In the affidavit, he will state that he is known and identified with both the names (with and without "bhai"). Do you think it will be good idea to submit affidavit?

Thanks!
You can submit an affidavit as well. It would need to list the government-recognized documents which state his name/identity with/without "bhai"

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
Hi All,

For example,

Thanks,

Hello
I'm same situation with name . Is visa approved ?
Can you tell me what you did ?