+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visiting on supervisa

MahaAtif

Jul 14, 2017
so my parents have been visiting on the supervisa, its coming to one year out of the 2 allowed at a time. So they still have a year they are allowed to stay, but I'm wondering, since we don't know how long covid19 will last, if i will be able to apply for their sponsorship (if and when it opens) while they are still here on the visa. Or will they have to go back for the duration of the application? I'm not wanting to send them back home as covid is very very rampant there and my parents are of age, with many many health problems.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so my parents have been visiting on the supervisa, its coming to one year out of the 2 allowed at a time. So they still have a year they are allowed to stay, but I'm wondering, since we don't know how long covid19 will last, if i will be able to apply for their sponsorship (if and when it opens) while they are still here on the visa. Or will they have to go back for the duration of the application? I'm not wanting to send them back home as covid is very very rampant there and my parents are of age, with many many health problems.

If the program reopens and you are selected, you can apply to sponsor your parents for PR while they are in Canada.

If they want to stay in Canada as visitors longer (i.e. longer than the 2 years allowed), then will need to apply for an extension to keep their status in Canada legal. Submitting a PR sponsorship application does not entitle them to remain in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Also note that if they truly have many many health problems, it may be a challenge to get PR approved.