+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visa Rejected

Nilaish

Aug 13, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I applied online for my parents TRV for Canada , I am on Work permit in Canada, I wanted to bring my parent here in summer 2016.

I didn't include my parents financial details during the first time application could be the strong reason behind rejection. CIC rejected their online application stating following reason

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

2. travel history-

3. Length of proposed stay in Canada

4. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Can any one please help me ?

My father is Priest and Mother is house wife, they don't have any salary slip which we can show to CIC as a source of income.
we can show only
1. bank statements (passbook entries),
2. Asset certificate from CA (included liquid Cash\ fix deposits & plots current value altogether in CAD only),
3. (Employment) Letter from Temple Trust (matter is in English but letter head is in regional language)

Apart from that I have given my & my wife's all financial details.

Also I mentioned in invitation letter like I will be taking care of their expenses, though how much amount should I put in Fund available column?

I have booked their Tickets from May 19 to 9th July 2016. This is first time my parents would be traveling out of India.

please help me is there anything I am missing and what other points should be taken care to satisy CIC?

Regards
Nilsaish

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should consider reducing the length of their trip to 2-3 weeks. They are planning on being here for almost two months. That's a long time for someone who has never traveled out of their country - and it also demonstrates that any ties they have to their home country may not be that strong.

Nilaish

Aug 13, 2014
Hi Scylla,

I already booked their tickets and thought it would be good proof for length of proposed stay. Being Priest, I have included letter from Temple Trust about his responsibilities and ties with the community.

M

mikeymyke

Why did you buy tickets before their visa was even approved? You only need to show an itinerary.

Nilaish

Aug 13, 2014
ya, :( my friend proposed me, I also thought I have enough time if something goes wrong I can cover up. Any suggestions ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Length of trip was cited as a refusal reason - so I think you need to reduce the length of their trip if you want any chance of the application being approved.

How much did they show in liquid assets (i.e. available funds).

Infosec

Mar 15, 2013
Hi Nilaish,

Since your parents application has been refused once, the subsequent application should be more accurate..

Few things to understand better.

1. Till what time you have valid WP ?
2. Does your spouse is also working ?
3. Do you have any kids, If yes how many ?

Documents that you need to have.

1. Bank Statement - Not just copy of the pass book.. You need a statement from the bank and certified
2. Pls ensure that there is no large movement of funds in your parents's account 3 - 4 months prior the submission
3. Asset Certification - You need updated asset revaluation certification form CA in the currency of home country.
4. You also need to submit supporting documents associated with Point No. 3 (Certified copies of FD, any property documents ect)
5. Employment Letter - Does it says the period of employment?
6. If its employment, how does the temple trust pays to you father. Since you mentioned that they don't have salary slip, The employment letter should say method of payment.
7. Sounds silly - Does your father file Tax Returns ?
8. Does the invitation is just from your or from both of you (You and your spouse)

Nilaish

Aug 13, 2014
Hi,

I have answered your questions below, please give me thought over this
Few things to understand better.

1. Till what time you have valid WP ? -
MY WP is till Aug 2017

2. Does your spouse is also working ?

yes she is working

3. Do you have any kids, If yes how many ?

No kids

Documents that you need to have.

1. Bank Statement - Not just copy of the pass book.. You need a statement from the bank and certified

2. Pls ensure that there is no large movement of funds in your parents's account 3 - 4 months prior the submission-

They invested their Money, so need to transfer money to his account from my account. Even I will show my bank balance since I am his spons-will it help.

3. Asset Certification - You need updated asset revaluation certification form CA in the currency of home country.
4. You also need to submit supporting documents associated with Point No. 3 (Certified copies of FD, any property documents ect)

5. Employment Letter - Does it says the period of employment?
yes it says that he is working since 1995

6. If its employment, how does the temple trust pays to you father. Since you mentioned that they don't have salary slip, The employment letter should say method of payment.
I wont say its like employment but ya Temple trusty pays him honorarium by cash.

7. Sounds silly - Does your father file Tax Returns ?

no, his salary is not taxable.

8. Does the invitation is just from your or from both of you (You and your spouse)

we both are inviting my parents.

Please give your thought

thanks
Nilesh