+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents' visa refusal

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My parent's visa application was refused today on these grounds:

-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

-Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). I showed my parent's assets, properties, and bank account balances which had a good enough balance. around 50k CAD.

• You have significant family ties in Canada. I am their only child, they have family back in India but it is an extended family, are parents of single children not allowed a visa??!

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. I stated that they are coming to meet me, their son in law and their grandson and also travel to Banff, Quebec, and see a few places in Toronto

what should I do now? Should I hire an agent to help me out here? I am feeling completely hopeless and don't know how else I can solve this problem.
Some of the people said they applied as a REPRESENTATIVE once their family members' application was rejected. How is that done? do you think it would help? Please help me out here.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My parent's visa application was refused today on these grounds:

-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

-Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). I showed my parent's assets, properties, and bank account balances which had a good enough balance. around 50k CAD.

• You have significant family ties in Canada. I am their only child, they have family back in India but it is an extended family, are parents of single children not allowed a visa??!

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. I stated that they are coming to meet me, their son in law and their grandson and also travel to Banff, Quebec, and see a few places in Toronto

what should I do now? Should I hire an agent to help me out here? I am feeling completely hopeless and don't know how else I can solve this problem.
Some of the people said they applied as a REPRESENTATIVE once their family members' application was rejected. How is that done? do you think it would help? Please help me out here.
Why do you keep multi posting?

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hey everyone, I have a question. I’m applying for my parents’ Supervisa since their visitor Visa got rejected on the grounds of “strong ties in Canada” (since I’m an only child) and “financial proof does not add up with the itinerary” (our bank statements were a little weird since their banks didn’t provide a proper summary of total balance and CAD conversion).
Now since we’re applying for their super visa, we are showing their updated financial statements (liquid assets which are around 1cr) but it says we need to show my 4 month pay stubs. I only recently came to canada and have got a job last month itself so I only have 2 paystubs with me. I have a total of 13k CAD in my Canadian account. How do I solve this problem? Can this be a reason for rejection for super visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey everyone, I have a question. I’m applying for my parents’ Supervisa since their visitor Visa got rejected on the grounds of “strong ties in Canada” (since I’m an only child) and “financial proof does not add up with the itinerary” (our bank statements were a little weird since their banks didn’t provide a proper summary of total balance and CAD conversion).
Now since we’re applying for their super visa, we are showing their updated financial statements (liquid assets which are around 1cr) but it says we need to show my 4 month pay stubs. I only recently came to canada and have got a job last month itself so I only have 2 paystubs with me. I have a total of 13k CAD in my Canadian account. How do I solve this problem? Can this be a reason for rejection for super visa?
Supervisa is based on your income called LICO so you need to be making LICO for 3 people. If you have only had a job for a month and 2 paystubs then you really cannot show that you meet LICO. You show your NOA from your income tax statement. 13k is not LICO. It is your accounts, not your parents that are considered for supervisa. You need to wait several months or until next year when you file to show your NOA to apply for a supervisa. It will cause even more red flags by applying for a supervisa is you only have worked in Canada for one month.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#incometables

Last edited:

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Our household income is $260k and we can show that through our official letters of employment provided by our companies. My husband has been working here since December and he can show all his pay stubs since December. We’re applying for SuperVisa only because the visitor visa got rejected on the grounds of ties back home. Im an only child and I don’t know how to bring up new ties so this is my only option left. I have a 9 month old baby and I really want my parents to visit him and see him grow for at-least 2-4 months a year. :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Our household income is $260k and we can show that through our official letters of employment provided by our companies. My husband has been working here since December and he can show all his pay stubs since December. We’re applying for SuperVisa only because the visitor visa got rejected on the grounds of ties back home. Im an only child and I don’t know how to bring up new ties so this is my only option left. I have a 9 month old baby and I really want my parents to visit him and see him grow for at-least 2-4 months a year. :(
You still need to address ties for back home. That does not change with a supervisa. If you only just recently arrived in Canada then parents applying for a supervisa may raise red flags. Usually you want to establish yourself for a while longer. Having only worked for one month and your husband not working at least 6 months, even with high income, does not show long-term income. Most people wait until they have been in Canada for 6 months to a year before applying.

Last edited:
Reactions: PR_aspirent

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
You still need to address ties for back home. That does not change with a supervisa. If you only just recently arrived in Canada then parents applying for a supervisa may raise red flags. Usually you want to establish yourself for a while longer. Having only worked for one month and your husband not working at least 6 months, even with high income, does not show long-term income. Most people wait until they have been in Canada for 6 months to a year before applying.
We have been in Canada for 6 months now. My husband has paystubs for all 6 months and he is co signing with me. So we will add his financial docs as well. We’re mentioning the reason for their visit as my baby’s first birthday in July. We’re also attaching the birth certificate to remove any doubts. For ties we can only show my mom’s job and parents’ property docs.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We have been in Canada for 6 months now. My husband has paystubs for all 6 months and he is co signing with me. So we will add his financial docs as well. We’re mentioning the reason for their visit as my baby’s first birthday in July. We’re also attaching the birth certificate to remove any doubts. For ties we can only show my mom’s job and parents’ property docs.
Where are they applying from? Have they completed and passed their medicals? They still need to address their reasons for refusal and that is ties to home country. So since your mom has a job then include employment letter with approved leave. If property is investment income then that is a tie. Them applying for a supervisa with you only being in Canada for 6 months may raise red flags that they are planning on moving to Canada, and not really visiting. They have a TRV refusal and now they are quickly applying for a supervisa. Hopefully it works for them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Supervisa is based on income earned in Canada not salary. The preferred proof is typically NOA. Your salaries being quite high may mean you may be able to show that you have already been able to earn LICO for your family size (5 people it seems) already but supervisa isn’t really meant for parents to come to Canada so quickly because there will be concerns that they are trying to move to Canada with you.