+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visa Refusal

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
Hello friends, My parents applied for a visitor visa in Nov 22 from India , and they got refused today due to following reason :

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

They had attached following documents for me and my parents
  1. Invitation letter from me
  2. Proof of funds
    1. Total funds shown CAD 3500 for 15 days stay
    2. Sponsorship letter from me
    3. My employment letter and pay slips - that showed roughly CAD 40,000 liquid fund for my bank account
    4. Bank account statement(my and parents) - That showed liquid funds around CAD 3500 as stated above
    5. Shares in my mother account ( roughly CAD 12,000)
    6. ITR of my Dad for last 2 years
    7. My Dad's business - a sole proprietorship business where the average funds were roughly CAD 8000
  3. Travel history to Dubai in 2015
  4. Additional document
It seems like Canada doesn't care how much money I have in my account , the applicant will need to show liquid money in their bank account irrespective of the fact that me as a son will take care of their expenses. Our agent also didn't object to the low balance in my parents' account other wise we would have been well prepared.
Can anyone help me to understand the reason and should I reapply? In case I do reapply , should I just sell all the shares in my mother account ( CAD 12,000) and make them liquid in her bank statement ? WIll that help ?

My dad can also show another CAD 10,000 in his bank account from his business sources in coming weeks. Plus another shares worth CAD 5,000 from his shares acccount. In that case their personal bank balance will roughly 25,000. This is on top of my the liquid fund available in my bank account i.e CAD 40,000 . Will that be enough ? Should i wait for few months and then apply or can just apply immediately?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello friends, My parents applied for a visitor visa in Nov 22 from India , and they got refused today due to following reason :

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

They had attached following documents for me and my parents
  1. Invitation letter from me
  2. Proof of funds
    1. Total funds shown CAD 3500 for 15 days stay
    2. Sponsorship letter from me
    3. My employment letter and pay slips - that showed roughly CAD 40,000 liquid fund for my bank account
    4. Bank account statement(my and parents) - That showed liquid funds around CAD 3500 as stated above
    5. Shares in my mother account ( roughly CAD 12,000)
    6. ITR of my Dad for last 2 years
    7. My Dad's business - a sole proprietorship business where the average funds were roughly CAD 8000
  3. Travel history to Dubai in 2015
  4. Additional document
It seems like Canada doesn't care how much money I have in my account , the applicant will need to show liquid money in their bank account irrespective of the fact that me as a son will take care of their expenses. Our agent also didn't object to the low balance in my parents' account other wise we would have been well prepared.
Can anyone help me to understand the reason and should I reapply? In case I do reapply , should I just sell all the shares in my mother account ( CAD 12,000) and make them liquid in her bank statement ? WIll that help ?

My dad can also show another CAD 10,000 in his bank account from his business sources in coming weeks. Plus another shares worth CAD 5,000 from his shares acccount. In that case their personal bank balance will roughly 25,000. This is on top of my the liquid fund available in my bank account i.e CAD 40,000 . Will that be enough ? Should i wait for few months and then apply or can just apply immediately?
Did you post under another name yesterday? I feel like I answered similar questions. I also noticed that your patents applied to visit you soon after you moved back to Canada and you haven’t met your RO so that may also be leading to the refusal. If you want to know the exact reasons for refusal would order GCMS notes. Is the 10k going into your father‘s account personal money or money from his business? IRCC only wants to see personal funds. There is no exact answer when it comes to how much your parents should show to get approved. Would explain any large changes in their savings if they are reapplying within the next few months. Cashing in retirement savings to visit Canada isn’t something that Canada would encourage. Will you meet LICO on your NOA when you file your taxes this year? If so then applying for a supervisa may be a better option because that will be more dependent on your funds.

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
Did you post under another name yesterday?

Hi @canuck78 yes by mistake i sent the post addressed to you and some other members rather than a generic thread. Later I posted this as thread. Hence the duplication.

I feel like I answered similar questions. I also noticed that your patents applied to visit you soon after you moved back to Canada and you haven’t met your RO so that may also be leading to the refusal.

Yes I am in breach of my RO. I moved only in May 2022 and my PR card is expiring July 2023 , however they didn't specify this as the reason. They mentioned specifically about my parents finances and papers , which now after reading other posts , seems too low to show.

If you want to know the exact reasons for refusal would order GCMS notes. Is the 10k going into your father‘s account personal money or money from his business?

This is going from his personal account. I am not sure if what's the 'acceptable' number to show . It's pretty clear that combined balance of CAD 3500 was not a good approach.

IRCC only wants to see personal funds. There is no exact answer when it comes to how much your parents should show to get approved. Would explain any large changes in their savings if they are reapplying within the next few months. Cashing in retirement savings to visit Canada isn’t something that Canada would encourage.

Those are mostly their savings , he also has a property in his name in India along with some other funds. Sorry do you mean that they should apply after few months rather if there are changes in their savings ? I am okay doing that too , they are not in a rush to come here

Will you meet LICO on your NOA when you file your taxes this year? If so then applying for a supervisa may be a better option because that will be more dependent on your funds.

I got my PR in April 2018 , did my landing then , but I arrived here to settle only in May 2022 , got my job in October 22 ( more than 150k/yr ) so clearly meet the salary range , but am I even eligible to apply for my parents super visa considering my PR is expiring in July 2023 and I am in clear breach of my RO ?

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
Answered below : Would be great to receive a response. Thanks

Hi @canuck78 yes by mistake i sent the post addressed to you and some other members rather than a generic thread. Later I posted this as thread. Hence the duplication.

I feel like I answered similar questions. I also noticed that your patents applied to visit you soon after you moved back to Canada and you haven’t met your RO so that may also be leading to the refusal.

Yes I am in breach of my RO. I moved only in May 2022 and my PR card is expiring July 2023 , however they didn't specify this as the reason. They mentioned specifically about my parents finances and papers , which now after reading other posts , seems too low to show.

If you want to know the exact reasons for refusal would order GCMS notes. Is the 10k going into your father‘s account personal money or money from his business?

This is going from his personal account. I am not sure if what's the 'acceptable' number to show . It's pretty clear that combined balance of CAD 3500 was not a good approach.

IRCC only wants to see personal funds. There is no exact answer when it comes to how much your parents should show to get approved. Would explain any large changes in their savings if they are reapplying within the next few months. Cashing in retirement savings to visit Canada isn’t something that Canada would encourage.

Those are mostly their savings , he also has a property in his name in India along with some other funds. Sorry do you mean that they should apply after few months rather if there are changes in their savings ? I am okay doing that too , they are not in a rush to come here

Will you meet LICO on your NOA when you file your taxes this year? If so then applying for a supervisa may be a better option because that will be more dependent on your funds.

I got my PR in April 2018 , did my landing then , but I arrived here to settle only in May 2022 , got my job in October 22 ( more than 150k/yr ) so clearly meet the salary range , but am I even eligible to apply for my parents super visa considering my PR is expiring in July 2023 and I am in clear breach of my RO ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Answered below : Would be great to receive a response. Thanks

LICO is based on income already earned in Canada and not on salary so you likely won’t meet LICO for NOA2022. Your parents not meeting applying for a TRV shouldn’t be an issue for your RO but the fact that you are submitting a lot of your own information and they are reapplying could lead to the VO looking at your file. In general if you don’t meet RO you should avoid contact with IRCC.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
When you came back to Canada in May 22, you were in breach of residency obligations. Were you not reported at the airport or later for not in compliance? You only moved after being outside Canada for more than four years

Reactions: vikram100185

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
When you came back to Canada in May 22, you were in breach of residency obligations. Were you not reported at the airport or later for not in compliance? You only moved after being outside Canada for more than four years
No I was not reported in May when I was here. Since then I have not left Canada , got a job and settled here. My PR car is expiring July of this year.

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
LICO is based on income already earned in Canada and not on salary so you likely won’t meet LICO for NOA2022. Your parents not meeting applying for a TRV shouldn’t be an issue for your RO but the fact that you are submitting a lot of your own information and they are reapplying could lead to the VO looking at your file. In general if you don’t meet RO you should avoid contact with IRCC.
Yeah - unfortunately. Thanks for your detailed answers though.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It just shows how incompetent some of the people are , who are manning our border and supposedly are enforcing the rules
No wonder some people are losing faith in the IRCC/CBSA

No surprises there

Dixiem

Jan 17, 2023
@canuck78 Hello. Please what could be the issue. My parents and three siblings want to come on a two weeks family visit. However only my parents and two sisters got approved. My brother's application is still pending, could there be something wrong.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi guys,
I am with the same timelines. But this was my second refusal for my Parents (in-laws) on IRCC new Portal.

First application Refused on May 30, 2022.

Second Application filed on Jan 06, 2023
Refusal on Jan 17, 2023

The Reasons mentioned are:
1. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
2. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

These were the same reasons I got for my first refusal in May 2022. But this time I got new financial documents and Invitation letter stating clear purpose of travel to visit birthday celebration of Granddaughter and spend time with us. and also to visit major Tourist places. Mentioned $10,000 funds for each of them and period of stay as 2 months. Got CA evaluation certificate showing source of funds and 6 months Bank statements. Also mentioned that Parents would be bearing all expenses for this travel against first time when we sponsored them.

Parents are Doctor and Lawyer. Also submitted No objection certificate from Hospital mentioning Doctor would join back for duty after the period of two months.

I really cannot understand why was it again rejected for the same reasons. Can experts in this group like @canuck78 please guide on what could be done in this case and how can I re apply with a greater chance for approval. Thanks.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi guys,
I am with the same timelines. But this was my second refusal for my Parents (in-laws) on IRCC new Portal.

Refusal on Jan 17, 2023

1. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
2. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

These were the same reasons I got for my first refusal in May 2022. But this time I got new financial documents and Invitation letter stating clear purpose of travel to visit birthday celebration of Granddaughter and spend time with us. and also to visit major Tourist places. Mentioned $10,000 funds for each of them and period of stay as 2 months. Got CA evaluation certificate showing source of funds and 6 months Bank statements. Also mentioned that Parents would be bearing all expenses for this travel against first time when we sponsored them.

Parents are Doctor and Lawyer. Also submitted No objection certificate from Hospital mentioning Doctor would join back for duty after the period of two months.

I really cannot understand why was it again rejected for the same reasons. Can experts in this group like please guide on what could be done in this case and how can I re apply with a greater chance for approval. Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,

Refusal on Jan 17, 2023

I really cannot understand why was it again rejected for the same reasons. Can experts in this group like please guide on what could be done in this case and how can I re apply with a greater chance for approval. Thanks.
That is a really long visit for only $20k. Factor in airfare, insurance, visiting tourist places, paying all their expenses etc. and your parents are showing that they are spending all their savings to come to Canada. Also a 2 month visit for a birthday is too long too. A birthday celebration is one day. Should have kept it to 2-3 weeks with those amount of funds. Parents may not want to apply for a few months. Three applications within a year looks like they are desperate to come to Canada.

JB386

Star Member
May 18, 2016
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
That is a really long visit for only $20k. Factor in airfare, insurance, visiting tourist places, paying all their expenses etc. and your parents are showing that they are spending all their savings to come to Canada. Also a 2 month visit for a birthday is too long too. A birthday celebration is one day. Should have kept it to 2-3 weeks with those amount of funds. Parents may not want to apply for a few months. Three applications within a year looks like they are desperate to come to Canada.
Thank you for the response @Naturgrl

In addition to their funds, I had kept my employment letter, bank statements, NOA etc here in Canada under additional documents. Plus they would be staying at our home, so all food, lodging and local expenses would be taken care by us. But as you said 2 months might have looked like the reason for rejection.
The Travel dates were mentioned as March 25-May25. Now that I have a refusal, what would be the ideal time to re apply again. Also my daughter's birthday falls in end of march. So If I plan to re apply later than march, what reason should I mention in the invitation letter? We really wish to bring them here before fall this year.
Also would getting up-down flight tickets and day to day itinerary help in the next application?