+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visa refusal, Need your help.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I applied for my parents visit visa this January from Pakistan to visit my sister who is in Canada and expecting her 3rd child, who need parents support. I have attached property documents of my parents and business registration of my father and along with my sister doctor’s certificate and invitation letter.
Today I got refusal letter stating based on family ties in Canada and in your country of resisdance. I showed combined bank statement close to 20,000 CAD.
What should I do next. Should I reapply or not? Need your guidance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for my parents visit visa this January from Pakistan to visit my sister who is in Canada and expecting her 3rd child, who need parents support. I have attached property documents of my parents and business registration of my father and along with my sister doctor’s certificate and invitation letter.
Today I got refusal letter stating based on family ties in Canada and in your country of resisdance. I showed combined bank statement close to 20,000 CAD.
What should I do next. Should I reapply or not? Need your guidance.
How long was the visit because that would not be a lot of money once air fare is paid? Is your sister PR/citizen and can apply for SuperVisa based on her family’s income? If the invitation letter stating helping with the newborn and you included doctor’s note then that may be an issue. If the letter mentioned helping with baby, it may be considered work.

You can reapply for a supervisa or show a short visit (Coming to meet grandchild and returning home). Include any travel history to UK, US, NZ or AUS. Show that business can’t be left for long.

Reactions: Fasih Khan

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
How long was the visit because that would not be a lot of money once air fare is paid? Is your sister PR/citizen and can apply for SuperVisa based on her family’s income? If the invitation letter stating helping with the newborn and you included doctor’s note then that may be an issue. If the letter mentioned helping with baby, it may be considered work.

You can reapply for a supervisa or show a short visit (Coming to meet grandchild and returning home). Include any travel history to UK, US, NZ or AUS. Show that business can’t be left for long.
Visit was for 4-5 week. And It was stated in invitation letter that as my sister is expecting her 3rd child and she need help of parents in this condition.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Visit was for 4-5 week. And It was stated in invitation letter that as my sister is expecting her 3rd child and she need help of parents in this condition.
The visit is not too long assuming they are vacinnated and don’t need to quarantine. When is she due? Since the letter mentioned “helping” then this may be the issue. Depending on what the letter said, it may come across as working. Your parents could wait until the birth and reapply saying they want to meet their grandchild and see their other grandchildren. Is she a PR or citizen? Was the only reason family ties? Order GCMS notes if you want full reasons for refusal.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
The visit is not too long assuming they are vacinnated and don’t need to quarantine. When is she due? Since the letter mentioned “helping” then this may be the issue. Depending on what the letter said, it may come across as working. Your parents could wait until the birth and reapply saying they want to meet their grandchild and see their other grandchildren. Is she a PR or citizen? Was the only reason family ties? Order GCMS notes if you want full reasons for refusal.
She is a permanent resident and yes it was the only reason. Her due date is on the last week of April. Refusal letter stated that they refused visa based on the family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She is a permanent resident and yes it was the only reason. Her due date is on the last week of April. Refusal letter stated that they refused visa based on the family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
If you want, Order GCMS notes for full reasons. I suspect the invitation letter and doctor’s note talked about taking care of your sister, baby and children so that may the reason for family ties. Do you live in your home country? Show any travel to UK, US, AUS, NZ to show that they will not overstay a visit. See my comments above if you want to reapply for supervisa or visitor visa.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
If you want, Order GCMS notes for full reasons. I suspect the invitation letter and doctor’s note talked about taking care of your sister, baby and children so that may the reason for family ties. Do you live in your home country? Show any travel to UK, US, AUS, NZ to show that they will not overstay a visit. See my comments above if you want to reapply for supervisa or visitor visa.
Yes, the invitation did talk about taking care of my sister and her children. My parents live in Pakistan their home country but they don't have any prior travel history. Thank you so much for your replies.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, the invitation did talk about taking care of my sister and her children. My parents live in Pakistan their home country but they don't have any prior travel history. Thank you so much for your replies.
Order GCMS notes. If the application was refused quickly then the letter stating taking care of your sister and children (and doctor’s note)will be a factor. That is considered work in Canada. VOs will think they are staying to “work” and not visiting to see their grandchild. Again they may want to wait until birth of child and then state reason is to visit to see grandchild, not take care of child.

Reactions: Fasih Khan