+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visa - Passport Request not Coming Together

Fatima7

Aug 11, 2020
Canada
Hi, I applied for visitor visa for both my parents in August 2022. My dads biometrics showed completed in August 2022 but for some reason my mom had to resubmit her biometrics and it took 6 months for her biometrics to show as completed i.e. Feb 2023
Now my dad received his passport submission request just this week and my mom didn’t even though I applied for both their visas together and my mom was the primary applicant.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? How soon can I expect my mom’s visa now?

Gbolly 1985

Feb 25, 2023
Good afternoon.....please I need some help, I applied for canada visitors visa since January 2020 I got my decision envelope November 2020....in my decision envelope I saw my passport, my biometric slip, and a white slip, in the white slip they wrote.....your application is still in progress why your passport is being returned to you you will be contacted to resubmit your passport if required. Please I need someone to explain it better

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I applied for visitor visa for both my parents in August 2022. My dads biometrics showed completed in August 2022 but for some reason my mom had to resubmit her biometrics and it took 6 months for her biometrics to show as completed i.e. Feb 2023
Now my dad received his passport submission request just this week and my mom didn’t even though I applied for both their visas together and my mom was the primary applicant.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? How soon can I expect my mom’s visa now?
Individuals are processed separately so you get different passport requests. Impossible to say exactly when your mother’s application will finish processing.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
I am in the exact same situation. My mother in law (secondary applicant) received the passport request letter, however, no update on my father in law's (primary applicant) application.

Sukanya93

May 16, 2023
Hi, Could someone help me.. I applied for canada visitor visa for my parents together in the new portal. My father is the primary applicant and mother is the secondary. My father received his passport request 1 week before and mother didn’t get any updates.. could someone tell me what can I do now?

Sukanya93

May 16, 2023

Sukanya93

May 16, 2023
Hi.. I am also in the same situation, Did your mom get passport request now? could you advice me what did you do? Help me please

Arub Piplani

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Same with me

Application submitted:20th April
Biometric: 1st May
Approval for mother: 11th May(Principal Applicant)

Father:
Biometric:1st May
Biometric completed:11th May
Eligibility: still in review
Decision pending

Fatima7

Aug 11, 2020
Canada
Hi, Could someone help me.. I applied for canada visitor visa for my parents together in the new portal. My father is the primary applicant and mother is the secondary. My father received his passport request 1 week before and mother didn’t get any updates.. could someone tell me what can I do now?
In my scenario, the passport request for my mother (who was the primary applicant) came a month after my fathers. Both got approvals

Reactions: zagi

Sukanya93

May 16, 2023
In my scenario, the passport request for my mother (who was the primary applicant) came a month after my fathers. Both got approvals
Did you submit any we form or anything after your father got his passport request? How did your mothers passport request come?