+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents visa got rejected

gsaksham87

Mar 30, 2022
Hi,
I am on study permit and came in jan 2022, applied for visitor visa for parents together as family visa on 25 feb and got rejected on 8 march. stating that you have strong family ties i wrote a invitation letter and reason to come was to celebrate my birthday?
What should i do now pls help also booked tickets to make strong file what should i do now??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am on study permit and came in jan 2022, applied for visitor visa for parents together as family visa on 25 feb and got rejected on 8 march. stating that you have strong family ties i wrote a invitation letter and reason to come was to celebrate my birthday?
What should i do now pls help also booked tickets to make strong file what should i do now??
You applied very soon after coming to Canada to study which is quite unusual. IRCC does recommend not purchasing tickets until you have approval because many get denied. Hopefully you tickets are refundable or you can get a credit for future travel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
It clearly states not to purchase tickets. How long was the visit? Do your parents have travel history? Funds? Order GCMS notes to see full reasons. They applied a few weeks after you arrived so may raise concerns for VOs.

Jan 3, 2022
I don't think it is because you applied too soon after your student visa travel.
No!
You can apply at any time for your parents, regardless of your condition in Canada, your parents will be individually vetted by the officer from ties to home country to individual funds. You need to get their gmc notes to ascertain the true reason for their rejections.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't think it is because you applied too soon after your student visa travel.
No!
You can apply at any time for your parents, regardless of your condition in Canada, your parents will be individually vetted by the officer from ties to home country to individual funds. You need to get their gmc notes to ascertain the true reason for their rejections.
It does raise concerns if your parents apply for a TRV soon after you arrive in Canada. May not be the only concern but there are parents who try to come live with their children while they are studying.

gsaksham87

Mar 30, 2022
ok thanks now what should i do? Can you tell me how to order gcms notes
and when should i reapply they had good funds in account i think i applied together for both of them that may be a issue?