+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents USA Visitor Visa from US Consulate, Canada

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Good Morning All,

I have few questions please answer me:

1. Currently I am on H1B, leaving in Canada on Canadian PR. My Parent's recently came to Canada on Canadian Visitor Visa. My question is Can my Parent's apply US visitor visa from any US Consulate, Canada?

2. If yes, how much chance they will get visa?? Because I heard that sometime US consulate officer's say you guys have to US visitor visa from home country. Is it true??

3. Also, when I see B2 visa appointments, currently it shows next year appointments in Canada. Can I get expediate appointment?

Any help will really appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good Morning All,

I have few questions please answer me:

1. Currently I am on H1B, leaving in Canada on Canadian PR. My Parent's recently came to Canada on Canadian Visitor Visa. My question is Can my Parent's apply US visitor visa from any US Consulate, Canada?

2. If yes, how much chance they will get visa?? Because I heard that sometime US consulate officer's say you guys have to US visitor visa from home country. Is it true??

3. Also, when I see B2 visa appointments, currently it shows next year appointments in Canada. Can I get expediate appointment?

Any help will really appreciated.
1. They can try but in most cities it takes around a year to get an appointment,
2. it is probably better to be applying from your home country. It is easier to show that you have ties to your home country and are on,y planning on visiting the US temporarily.
3. No expedited appointments. You can try to get a cancellation or look at other offices across Canada and fly there for an appointment if you can get an earlier one. Many are in the same position looking for cancellations daily.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
1. They can try but in most cities it takes around a year to get an appointment,
2. it is probably better to be applying from your home country. It is easier to show that you have ties to your home country and are on,y planning on visiting the US temporarily.
3. No expedited appointments. You can try to get a cancellation or look at other offices across Canada and fly there for an appointment if you can get an earlier one. Many are in the same position looking for cancellations daily.
Thanks for your reply. I know one case.My friend is Canadian citizen.His mother applied B2 visa. He went with his mother for B2 interview as translator in US consulate,Vancouver. The officer simply refused visa and said you have to apply visa from your home country.I think it all depends upon visa officer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I know one case.My friend is Canadian citizen.His mother applied B2 visa. He went with his mother for B2 interview as translator in US consulate,Vancouver. The officer simply refused visa and said you have to apply visa from your home country.I think it all depends upon visa officer.
It depends on the case and there is some variability when it comes to the visa officer but in general if you have already spent time at least a few months in Canada there are concerns that you have no intention of going home and want to go travel between Canada and the US.

Reactions: vkamath

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
It is advised to apply for the visa from the country you are residing. Some of my acquaintances also got the Visa refused. They were staying in canada on work permit and the officer said you just arrived see canada 1st.