March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Oh, dear, sorry to hear that.

Nah, I don't think they were rejected for too much info. It's their job to comb through that.

I'm afraid I'm pretty stumped myself. You may want to order the officer's case notes then for $5:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Hey Bellaluna, thanks for your reply. Well, it was a 70MB document compressed to 4MB. They probably couldn't read the context of each bank statements. Or it was just too confusing since they had 4 accounts in 1 bank. Ugh, really upsetting.

I want to order the officer's case notes, but I literally dont know how.

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
None (SA Confirmed through phone)
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
It's most unfortunate that they've been refused. IMO, they have solid applications to get TRVs until the expiry of their passports.

I'm guessing that applying online worked against their TRV approvals. It can get a bit daunting to go through/cross-check documents for online applications. If they reapply, I suggest submitting paper applications at VFS.

Some other suggestions:
1. Include property valuations + rental income (if applicable) + if the properties are mortgage-free then highlight this fact

2. Evidence that your grandmom and sisters live at the same address + if they are dependent on your parents for their well-being/finances

3. Prepare cover letters with separate sub-sections for addressing the TRV refusal reasons + Individual/collective strong ties to the Philippines (Properties, business, family ties, etc) + Financial situation (bank statements, investments, liabilities, funds available) + purpose of their visit + Why they must return home by a specific date..... cross-reference evidence

4. Hopefully, they have not included their business bank statement as funds available for their visit + hope there were no last-minute, large deposits/transfers between their bank accounts
Hey Bryanna,

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I thought of that too. I will tell them to reapply in paper instead of online.
Btw, which would be better? Bank Statements or Bank Certificate? They submitted bank statements (tons of pages), which may have been confusing to the officer's part.

They included tax declarations which indicates that they own the house, lands, and other properties. I will def include my grandma's medical records including the time when she fell and had a hip fracture. And yes, I will include my sisters too.

Nope, it was not included although they only had $12k CAD on hand, since were the ones who will be covering the rest of their CAD expenses here. Do you think that was a factor? Oh and, my dad usually plays around with his bank accounts (I dont know why) but he transfers his money from one account to another just to keep his accounts active. But thats still his money.

So, what do you guys think? Frustrating :(

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ It's really a mystery to me. Bryanna gave you better advice than I could ever have. You could try her suggestions.

I want to order the officer's case notes, but I literally dont know how.
Well, if you managed the TRV application online, you should be able to figure it out. You click on the link I gave you in my last post and follow the steps to continue, select the appropriate department (IRCC) and fill in the required fields, continue, etc.

You'll need to upload a signed consent form from your parents: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf

Select the electronic version of the officer's case notes. You'll receive a PDF email.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your response. Yeah, I thought of that too. I will tell them to reapply in paper instead of online.
Hi,

Just to understand the situation better:
1. What did they state as the purpose of their visit + for how long?
2. Do post the lists of documents submitted for each of your parents' applications

Cheers

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
^ It's really a mystery to me. Bryanna gave you better advice than I could ever have. You could try her suggestions.

Well, if you managed the TRV application online, you should be able to figure it out. You click on the link I gave you in my last post and follow the steps to continue, select the appropriate department (IRCC) and fill in the required fields, continue, etc.

You'll need to upload a signed consent form from your parents: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf

Select the electronic version of the officer's case notes. You'll receive a PDF email.
I knoooow. I'm trying to figure it out, but I don't know what else to provide. But yes, I will definitely try to get the office report when I get the chance to. Right now, I'm just disappointed and dont know what to do. Thanks for your time bellaluna, I will ask you again next time.

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Hi,

Just to understand the situation better:
1. What did they state as the purpose of their visit + for how long?
2. Do post the lists of documents submitted for each of your parents' applications

Cheers
Hey Brianna!

Purpose of visit is to visit family and tourism for 4 to 6 weeks. Just end of June until beginning of August (Summer).
They got refused due to family ties; and personal assets and financial status.

Here are the following documents provided:

Family ties:
Family Info (IMM 5645 & IMM 5707 (MNL)) - Majority of our family are all in the Philippines. Although, my mother's sister is also in Canada but she lives in Montreal, and they were not even planning to go there.
Passports including: PR CARD (myself), CITIZENSHIP CARD (wife), BIRTH CERTIFICATE (son).

They didn't provide letters about my sisters and my grandma in the application.

Personal Assets:
Bank Accounts
Bank 1
Account 1: $ 24,852.64 CAD
Account 2: $ 5,451.95 CAD
Account 3: $ 4,738.17 CAD
Account 4: $ 1,321.6

Bank 2
Account 1: $ 13,656.14 CAD
Account 2: $ 6,798.70 CAD

Bank 3
Account 1: $ 4,336.74 CAD
Account 2: $ 3,903.60
Account 3: $ 5,733.37

Bank 4
Account 1: $ 7,171.1

Bank Certificate (Time Deposit)
$ 12,500 CAD

TOTAL: $ 90,374.01 CAD
(everything in peso by the way, I just converted it)

Business Permit
DTI Permit
Certificate of Registration
Permit to Engage in Business from the City Mayor
Lease Contract with Mang Inasal Inc Philippines under Jollibee Corporation (which shows how much they receive monthly from them)

Properties
8 Tax Declaration (including our house and land properties thats been under their names for YEARS)
A Land Title

Motor-vehicle
Registrations
2 Car Registrations from LTO
3 Motorcycles Registrations from LTO

Employment Letter

Thanks again for taking your time Brynna!