+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents TRV refusal

Elly_ei

Apr 16, 2024
Hi everyone,

I applied for my parents TRV on February 17, 2024. I was requested to submit my father's military service details on February 27 and the deadline to send that document was March 10. However, the application got refused on March 6 before I had the chance to submit that document for a different reason as follows:

The purpose of their visit is to see me, their daughter. I'm a Canadian citizen and I've been in Canada for 7 years. My father is retired and my mother is homemaker. My father owns multiple property and has enough funding to cover their trip but I've mentioned that I'll cover the costs related to their stay here. The documents I've provided for them includes deeds for multiple properties, bank statements and stock investments, my father's pension and my siblings proof of address (they are not dependent child though). I also provided my own savings, pay stubs, and investments. I have provided every document I can think of and yet their visa got refused! Does anyone have any suggestion what should I do next?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How long was visit? Order GCMS notes to see officer’s notes. It they can fund own visit through their own accounts (cash in the bank) then you don’t need to say you will cover their expenses.

Elly_ei

Apr 16, 2024
How long was visit? Order GCMS notes to see officer’s notes. It they can fund own visit through their own accounts (cash in the bank) then you don’t need to say you will cover their expenses.
The visit was for 3 weeks only. My parents were suppose to stay with me and my partner and I wanted to cover the costs related to their stay and they would've paid for their flight tickets. I've already got GCMS notes and unfortunately, it doesn't include anything beyond what I got in the refusal letter.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The visit was for 3 weeks only. My parents were suppose to stay with me and my partner and I wanted to cover the costs related to their stay and they would've paid for their flight tickets. I've already got GCMS notes and unfortunately, it doesn't include anything beyond what I got in the refusal letter.
Have you considered a supervisa if you meet LICO?

Elly_ei

Apr 16, 2024
Have you considered a supervisa if you meet LICO?
I do meet LICO for a super visa. But, my parents would like to come for a short visit only, they don't have any intention to stay long term. Do you think with a super visa they have a better chance?