NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Hello , we are excepting our child in July and looking to bring our parents here for support from India
As india is operating evacuation flights to Toronto we are planning to book tickets in those flights from IND to YYZ
has any one here successfully bought their parents to canada after this COVID situation ?
I hope this is considered as an essential travel , but will they be allowed at the immigration by CBSA after they reached toronto ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello , we are excepting our child in July and looking to bring our parents here for support from India
As india is operating evacuation flights to Toronto we are planning to book tickets in those flights from IND to YYZ
has any one here successfully bought their parents to canada after this COVID situation ?
I hope this is considered as an essential travel , but will they be allowed at the immigration by CBSA after they reached toronto ?
1. Probably not an essential, CBSA has turned away fathers who have tried to enter from the US for their birth of their baby, I doubt that parents are essential at the birth of a grandchild.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The repat/evacuation flights in many countries are as I understand it to support Canadian Citizens or PRs who are 'stranded' in a country or other nationals 'stranded' in Canada, they are not designed to replace commercial flights. Cannot speak for airlines of course given they need all revenue they can get right now so who knows if they might accept a booking.

As above believe this would be considered non essential travel given it would be classified as a visit so not currently an exemption to the travel requirements so even with a flight booking it would be the checkin agent they would have to first get past to convince it was essential travel. Even if they did get to Canada and sucessfully enter Canada they would be subject to 14 days quarantine be expected to be separate from others until the quarantine was completed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Reactions: bellaluna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As I mentionned in April you need to have plan B. Parents won't be considered for repartiation flights unless there are no Canadians, PRs, oerhaps PRs needing to land, those on a work permit. Your only option would be a commercial flight if they get a TRV or supervisa. Would be looking for a babysitter because the baby could arrive any day and you will not be able to take your child to the hospital. Only one visitor these days.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not essential. If the travel ban is still in place, they will either be denied boarding or denied entry once they arrive in Canada. They should not travel until the travel ban has been lifted.