+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents tourist visa renew

HB.himel

Jan 26, 2018
Hello,

Both of my parents currently have their 5 years Multiple entry tourist visa on the passport, which will be expiring by the middle of next year 2022.
Since they got their visa their travel plan was keep postponing, and then covid started, so they couldn’t visit Canada until now.

Because of covid restrictions, quarantine and everything, they don’t want to travel during this challenging time.

So my question, can I apply for a renewal for their travel visa? Can I apply for parent supervisa instead of tourist visa? Would it be an issue that they have had their visa but never travelled to Canada?

Thank you so much for reading this!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

Both of my parents currently have their 5 years Multiple entry tourist visa on the passport, which will be expiring by the middle of next year 2022.
Since they got their visa their travel plan was keep postponing, and then covid started, so they couldn’t visit Canada until now.

Because of covid restrictions, quarantine and everything, they don’t want to travel during this challenging time.

So my question, can I apply for a renewal for their travel visa? Can I apply for parent supervisa instead of tourist visa? Would it be an issue that they have had their visa but never travelled to Canada?

No, won't be a problem.

Reactions: HB.himel

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hello,

No issue. My mum didn't travel on her previous toursit visa either but she was given another toursit visa for 10 years after renewal of her passport.

Reactions: HB.himel

HB.himel

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you so much for explaining it. Actually I found that to extend your stay as a visitor you need to submit visitor record.
Can I just follow this process to renew the visitor visa? or there is any specific form for that?
Thank you so much for your help!