+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents to be included in Permanent Residence Application??

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone! Please help me with this, I will be 2 years working as a live-in-caregiver this december, and As I'm fillling up my application form, All I see in the family members are spouse, partner or children, Can't I include my mother in my application?since I'm single and doesn't have husband or children to sponsor(my mom is in the Philippines by the way)....please help!
And also, How long does it take before I get my Open Work permit if I submit the application on december??
please help, I'm clueless

immiggal

Aug 28, 2010
Hi -

Unfortunately you can't include your mother in your current application.

Once you become a permanent resident, you can submit a sponsorship application for her. Or another route is that she could come to Canada and visit you and subsequently apply for visitor extensions etc. After she has been in Canada for a while (visiting you), you could submit an H&C application on her behalf from within Canada, if it would be too difficult for her to return home and apply from there. It all depends on your particular situation.

You won't be issued an open work permit until you are at first stage approval with your application for permanent residence. That might take 8-12 months from the time you submit, depending on volumes and workloads at that time.

I hope that answers your questions.

Good luck,

immiggal

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok,but in the application, it says if i don't add a family member this time, I cannot sponsor them at a later date,that's where I'm confused. So even if I don't include her now, I can still sponsor her once I get my PR status?

thank u so much for taking time! :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must include your spouse and dependent children if you have any or you can not sponsor them later. Your mother you can sponsor later. Once you get your PR if you meet the income requirements.