+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent's Supervisa from India--Mother recently had a abdominal surgery

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks in advance for looking at this new thread. Appreciate it if you can review and reply.

I am a Canadian permanent resident. I got the PR in Aug 2018 however moved here only in June 2021. I am planning to bring my Father/Mother on a super visa to Canada. They are financially strong with a couple of properties and other liquid assets in India. I also have a good job in Canada earning more than 150K per annum and a good bank balance.

The problem is my mother recently had surgery in India to remove an abdominal cyst and gall bladder (stones present). Her other bodily organs like heart, kidney, liver, etc. are all fine including blood sugar, pressure, etc. My father on the other side has no recent medical complications and he is doing okay.

Will this surgery create any problems during the medical examination of my mother for the Canadian super visa? Will it be better to apply for this visa after some time when she has completely recovered? If Yes, what should be that time frame since she underwent surgery in the week ending 05/22.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi All,

Thanks in advance for looking at this new thread. Appreciate it if you can review and reply.

I am a Canadian permanent resident. I got the PR in Aug 2018 however moved here only in June 2021. I am planning to bring my Father/Mother on a super visa to Canada. They are financially strong with a couple of properties and other liquid assets in India. I also have a good job in Canada earning more than 150K per annum and a good bank balance.

The problem is my mother recently had surgery in India to remove an abdominal cyst and gall bladder (stones present). Her other bodily organs like heart, kidney, liver, etc. are all fine including blood sugar, pressure, etc. My father on the other side has no recent medical complications and he is doing okay.

Will this surgery create any problems during the medical examination of my mother for the Canadian super visa? Will it be better to apply for this visa after some time when she has completely recovered? If Yes, what should be that time frame since she underwent surgery in the week ending 05/22.
You want to ensure the medical insurance you get covers pre existing conditions .In other words you want it in writing what the insurance covers and DOES not cover . If she gets ill in Canada and requires any type of medication attention, it’s either covered by the insurance or covered by your mother . If you don’t get coverage, medical bills can huge astronomical amounts

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi All,

IRCC Medical fails mainly because of 2 Reasons
1- Applicant have any disease which he/she can spread ? (Which I assume your mother don't have)
2- How much the burden (Cost prospective) Person will make in case of Canadian Medical System. (There is allowable amount and which revised each year)

Now Still I do not understand why in case of S.V. IRCC look for cost as it is headache of Person who is sponsoring and for that he/she agreed upon. , but this is how it is
Having said that point number 2 in case of SV, IRCC is flexible (a bit) not in case of PR.

I did not answered your Query in YES/NO manner as , No one can predict , but given an idea how Medical system work.

Just make sure all her vitals are stable and within range , mainly (Kidney/Lung), and sugar level etc

Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: find_anand

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
IRCC Medical fails mainly because of 2 Reasons
1- Applicant have any disease which he/she can spread ? (Which I assume your mother don't have)
2- How much the burden (Cost prospective) Person will make in case of Canadian Medical System. (There is allowable amount and which revised each year)

Now Still I do not understand why in case of S.V. IRCC look for cost as it is headache of Person who is sponsoring and for that he/she agreed upon. , but this is how it is
Having said that point number 2 in case of SV, IRCC is flexible (a bit) not in case of PR.

I did not answered your Query in YES/NO manner as , No one can predict , but given an idea how Medical system work.

Just make sure all her vitals are stable and within range , mainly (Kidney/Lung), and sugar level etc

Good Luck
Sorry for the delay in response. She underwent surgery in May 25th, 2022. What will be a good time to initiate the supervisa online?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry for the delay in response. She underwent surgery in May 25th, 2022. What will be a good time to initiate the supervisa online?
would wait at a minimum 3 months since she was out of the hospital. Would also ready the supervisa insurance plan documents very carefully to understand whether her current medical issues will be covered. in general supervisa medical insurance is just emergency medical insurance. You also only moved here. Did you have a job on arrival? LICO is based on money earned in Canada and NOA being the preferred document for determining If you meet LICO.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
would wait at a minimum 3 months since she was out of the hospital. Would also ready the supervisa insurance plan documents very carefully to understand whether her current medical issues will be covered. in general supervisa medical insurance is just emergency medical insurance. You also only moved here. Did you have a job on arrival? LICO is based on money earned in Canada and NOA being the preferred document for determining If you meet LICO.
Thanks for your quick reply. I moved here in July 2021 and my employer transferred me from their US entity to the Canadian entity. I filed my first Canadian Tax return early this year and a month back received the NOA with a refund. I meet the LICO requirements.
My mother's vital organs like Liver, Kidney, Heart, and Blood sugar are under control. The issue is what information should I disclose before they go for Medical test. Whether this surgery for removing ball gladder and abdominal cyst cause any problems during the medical test for Super visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your quick reply. I moved here in July 2021 and my employer transferred me from their US entity to the Canadian entity. I filed my first Canadian Tax return early this year and a month back received the NOA with a refund. I meet the LICO requirements.
My mother's vital organs like Liver, Kidney, Heart, and Blood sugar are under control. The issue is what information should I disclose before they go for Medical test. Whether this surgery for removing ball gladder and abdominal cyst cause any problems during the medical test for Super visa.
Your mother has to declare that she had surgery and why. If she has records from her surgeon I would bring that to the appointment. There is always increased risks of complications in the first few months after surgery so it doesn’t matter that otherwise your mother’s health is good which is why I suggested waiting for 3 months after surgery. Will also depend on the reason for the gallbladder removal and what type of abdominal cyst was removed. If she has a pathology report about the cyst I would also bring that.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Your mother has to declare that she had surgery and why. If she has records from her surgeon I would bring that to the appointment. There is always increased risks of complications in the first few months after surgery so it doesn’t matter that otherwise, your mother’s health is good which is why I suggested waiting for 3 months after surgery. Will also depend on the reason for the gallbladder removal and what type of abdominal cyst was removed. If she has a pathology report about the cyst I would also bring that.
She has a pathology report on the gall bladder and abdominal cyst. The gall bladder was removed since it had stones. The cyst was of type Dermoid and was non-cancerous. She can take the pathology report with herself. Instead of 3 months, should I wait 6 months? Even if their Super visa application was approved, they are not planning to travel before April 2023. What are the chances of approval in the medical test with all this history especially for my mother?
I am planning to go for upfront medical so that we have this out of the way before proceeding with other steps. Is this a good strategy?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She has a pathology report on the gall bladder and abdominal cyst. The gall bladder was removed since it had stones. The cyst was of type Dermoid and was non-cancerous. She can take the pathology report with herself. Instead of 3 months, should I wait 6 months? Even if their Super visa application was approved, they are not planning to travel before April 2023. What are the chances of approval in the medical test with all this history especially for my mother?
I am planning to go for upfront medical so that we have this out of the way before proceeding with other steps. Is this a good strategy?
If they don’t want to visit until next April I would wait until around October to apply. You can do an upfront medical if you want. There isn’t anything anything medical about the surgery or the cyst that should prevent approval. It’s just easier to provide information upfront in order to prevent any delays. If any irregularities show up on their chest x-ray they will need to do TB testing which will take around 3 months. Really depends on their ties to their home country since they are only visiting. If they visited you while you were in the US that will also help. Don’t see any major issues that should prevent approval.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
When ever she feels OK you can apply
Before going for Actual medical test , you can do her KFT, and urine test , just to make sure all are in range.
That's what I did in my mother case because her crematine level was high during Medical test ,
So when when IRCC asked for more test , I make sure all parameters came back to range , before going for actual Supplementary Medical test

Good luck

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
When ever she feels OK you can apply
Before going for Actual medical test , you can do her KFT, and urine test , just to make sure all are in range.
That's what I did in my mother case because her crematine level was high during Medical test ,
So when when IRCC asked for more test , I make sure all parameters came back to range , before going for actual Supplementary Medical test

Good luck
@CEC_1304 My parents have their Supervisa medical test on Feb 18th. How many days before should I ask them to have the KFT and urine test.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@CEC_1304 My parents have their Supervisa medical test on Feb 18th. How many days before should I ask them to have the KFT and urine test.
Usually they do the urine and blood tests on the same day as the medical. They will be given a collection jar at the lab or medical office if they do the labs there. All they need to do is go to the appointment well hydrated.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Usually they do the urine and blood tests on the same day as the medical. They will be given a collection jar at the lab or medical office if they do the labs there. All they need to do is go to the appointment well hydrated.
@canuck78 Actually I was asking a question to @CEC_1304 since he had a suggestion that my parents can have KFT and urine tests a few days before the IRCC medical to make sure everything is in line. In case of issues, they can postpone the IRCC medical test.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 Actually I was asking a question to @CEC_1304 since he had a suggestion that my parents can have KFT and urine tests a few days before the IRCC medical to make sure everything is in line. In case of issues, they can postpone the IRCC medical test.
That seems unnecessary. If you have serious kidney issues they aren’t going to go away if you delay the medical and there is no way that you will reverse most kidney issues. I would make sure you are well hydrated and don’t eat a meal that is hard on your kidneys the day before if you want the most favourable results.