+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa question.

Ramsha Sami

Feb 14, 2019
I am almost (75%) towards the end of submitting the super visa application for my parents. I have one question:
1) I came to Canada in Aug 2018 and started my job in Sep 2018. It is a permanent job and I am above the minimum income requirement condition of super visa
If I apply in March, it will be 6 months of job that I will be showing, is that ok? Or should I wait for another month or two to add weight.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am almost (75%) towards the end of submitting the super visa application for my parents. I have one question:
1) I came to Canada in Aug 2018 and started my job in Sep 2018. It is a permanent job and I am above the minimum income requirement condition of super visa
If I apply in March, it will be 6 months of job that I will be showing, is that ok? Or should I wait for another month or two to add weight.
It's advisable to apply when you have at least one recent NOA to confirm your income meets the minimum income threshold (LICO)

Reactions: 2b.or.not.2b

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
This link doesn’t have answer to my question.
Yes it does.
I quote from the above link :
Financial support (proof of funds)
The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. The following documents are examples of what can be used as proof of funds:

• Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
  • Employment Insurance stubs
  • employment letter including salary and date of hiring
  • pay stubs
  • bank statements.
If you are unable to understand the content your fault not mine. Appreciate the effort that contributors to this forum do pro bono or pay for advice your choice.

Ramsha Sami

Feb 14, 2019
Ok so the confusion is that I will have NoA that covers only 3 months of 2018. It talks about recent, it doesn’t talk about the months it needs to cover. I will have NoA this month, I have pay stubs, what I don’t know is the advisable time period. I need to know if it’s enough to just show employment of 6 months. I was looking for something like: the child inviting should be working in Canada for at least xxx time period.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok so the confusion is that I will have NoA that covers only 3 months of 2018. It talks about recent, it doesn’t talk about the months it needs to cover.
LICO for super visas is not based on the number of months covered for income considerations or the number of months that you should have been working.

Simply put, it works on whether or not your NOA confirms that you meet LICO to host your parents for long-stays as super visa visitors.

I will have NoA this month, I have pay stubs, what I don’t know is the advisable time period. I need to know if it’s enough to just show employment of 6 months. I was looking for something like: the child inviting should be working in Canada for at least xxx time period.
Will Line 150 of your NOA (yes, you still have to get your NOA) show that your income exceeds the low income threshold to host three persons (assuming you are not married and don't have any dependent children)?

Reactions: 2b.or.not.2b

engg_jigar

Mar 29, 2015
I am applying for super visa for parents in law and i don't see any option to upload proof of means of financial support documents from my parents. where should i upload that documents... please help thanks

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
Hello,

I am applying super visa for my parents. Please help me out with few questions.

What should I answer for length of stay? less than 6months or more than 6months in order to get two years of super visa?

If I have to mention more than 6months, should I buy a air ticket more than 6months as well to submit with application?

Please let me know.

Your help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Pranitha