+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents sponsorship

CAPRasiprer

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Friends, I'm in US working for an employer and received my Canadian PR a month back. However, my work in US is not finished and its hard for me to move to Canada leaving this employer (having a bond for another 1 yr). Options I see, is either I move to Canada, while still remaining US employee of my current firm. And firm keep giving me per diems while working from Canada on this US project (most likely they will agree to this - though its not final).

Does this helps in:
1. File super visa for my parents a year later? since i need to show min annual income for parents?
2. And ultimately eligible post 3 yrs for parents sponorship? I know firm will not keep me on per diems all these 3 yrs. However even if in that 3 yrs, 1 yr I stay in Canada on per diems and rest 2 on full time employee of Canadian firm? Will this help me making me eligible for filling sponsorship?

Suggestions will be very welcome, as I need to figure out how can I support my family/ parents (75+ yr old)

Thanks

CAPRasiprer

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Nobody can anticipate what will happen to the PGP program 3-4 years from now.
Hi Canuck78, agree nobody knows what future policies are, however currently what is the scenario? any thoughts? I'm just trying to work out options to support my parents. Thoughts?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will need to move to Canada and also structure the way you are being paid so you meet the LICO based on your Canadian NOA. You usually have to show your NOA to get approval for supervisa so that would take another year. A supervisa is only a visitor visa and you only get coverage for emergency medical situation. You can look up the current PGP program but with the complaints this year and the election this year the program is likely to change. If conservatives win anticipate there are higher chances enrolment will be decreased. Think there may be some changes to see who qualifies first since many people who just qualified for PR got selected versus longterm Canadian citizens with the FIFO system. Demand will always be significantly higher than available spots. When moving to Canada you can count on having your parents be able to live in Canada with you. You may get lucky but it was never guaranteed.

CAPRasiprer

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
You will need to move to Canada and also structure the way you are being paid so you meet the LICO based on your Canadian NOA. You usually have to show your NOA to get approval for supervisa so that would take another year. A supervisa is only a visitor visa and you only get coverage for emergency medical situation. You can look up the current PGP program but with the complaints this year and the election this year the program is likely to change. If conservatives win anticipate there are higher chances enrolment will be decreased. Think there may be some changes to see who qualifies first since many people who just qualified for PR got selected versus longterm Canadian citizens with the FIFO system. Demand will always be significantly higher than available spots. When moving to Canada you can count on having your parents be able to live in Canada with you. You may get lucky but it was never guaranteed.
Thanks Canuck78, very good info and really appreciate that. what do you think is the best way.. any other visa type can help? Or atleast start with above process and see what happens?