+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsorship

Reemooz

Jul 5, 2018
Hi,

I want to sponsor my parents and I moved from Ottawa to Montreal in July 2018.
My questions are:
1- I am assuming that I should meet Quebec requirements to sponsor them in January 2019. Can anyone please confirm?
2- Does Quebec sponsorship system require online submission form same as in Ontario? Do I have to wait up till Jan 2019 to submit this form and after I get the invitation, I submit my application package and pay application fees and all of that?

Thanks in advance!

Reem

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Minimum Necessary Income requirement for sponsors of parents and grandparents
If you reside in the province of Quebec, you will not be required to submit an undertaking of assistance for the family members you are sponsoring at this time. You will be contacted when your sponsorship application is assessed. At that time, if you meet federal sponsorship requirements, you will be notified that you must submit an undertaking application to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) of Quebec so that your income can be assessed.

Federal Income Table

Find out about the requirements to sponsor a close relative

IRCC will end Parents and Grandparents sponsorship lottery and increase application cap to 20,000 in 2019

Reemooz

Jul 5, 2018
Thanks Wakki for your response.

What do you mean by my sponsorship application? Is that the initial online form that I have to submit on Jan 2019? Or does Quebec have a direct process to submit my application now without the need of the online form that I have to wait for on Jan 2019?
Could you clarify that please?

RZ

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
IRCC will open online site for you to submit application to sponsor your parents in 2019.....the full details are not out yet....so keep checking on IRCC site for details......not sure about Quebec....