+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsorship, brother study permit Application Simultaneously

FedUpOfCiC

Jan 16, 2019
I applied to sponsor my brother and got rejected.
Then I decided to apply for super-visa for my parents. While the application is still under review for my parents, my brother got accepted in one of the colleges for a post graduate program. Now he has applied for a study permit. I paid his tuition for the full program (2 semesters), and he is currently employed back home. He completed his degree in 2017 but he has been working after his graduation.
Family ties has been shown as my parents still live back home.

I know it is a complicated entangled situation.

Does the previous decision affect his study permit application? Has anyone else been to this situation? Please respond...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied to sponsor my brother and got rejected.
Then I decided to apply for super-visa for my parents. While the application is still under review for my parents, my brother got accepted in one of the colleges for a post graduate program. Now he has applied for a study permit. I paid his tuition for the full program (2 semesters), and he is currently employed back home. He completed his degree in 2017 but he has been working after his graduation.
Family ties has been shown as my parents still live back home.

I know it is a complicated entangled situation.

Does the previous decision affect his study permit application? Has anyone else been to this situation? Please respond...
It's not complicated.

I would withdraw the study permit. There's a risk your brother could end up with a five year misrepresentation ban by claiming your parents as a tie. Dangerous to play games when it comes to IRCC.

FedUpOfCiC

Jan 16, 2019
It's not complicated.

I would withdraw the study permit. There's a risk your brother could end up with a five year misrepresentation ban by claiming your parents as a tie. Dangerous to play games when it comes to IRCC.
But nothing has been misrepresented.
Parents are applying for a super visa, not residency. They will be back after some months of travel. Home ties include property too.
None the documents have been forged. So i do not understand the understanding of yours regarding the term "Misrepresentation"
Rather than a speculation, I am expecting some responses from individuals with real experience..
thanks!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But nothing has been misrepresented.
Parents are applying for a super visa, not residency. They will be back after some months of travel. Home ties include property too.
None the documents have been forged. So i do not understand the understanding of yours regarding the term "Misrepresentation"
The super visa is a long term visitor visa that allows your parents to visit for up to two years - longer is possible with extensions. By applying for a super visa, your parents have expressed a direct interest in coming to Canada longer term. It effectively looks like you're trying to bring your whole family to Canada one way or the other. This is fine - however I think it's risky for your brother to state your parents as a tie when he must know they've applied for a super visa and are planning to spend a long time in Canada.

IRCC may see this as trying to game the system.

FedUpOfCiC

Jan 16, 2019
The super visa is a long term visitor visa that allows your parents to visit for up to two years - longer is possible with extensions. By applying for a super visa, your parents have expressed a direct interest in coming to Canada longer term. It effectively looks like you're trying to bring your whole family to Canada one way or the other. This is fine - however I think it's risky for your brother to state your parents as a tie when he must know they've applied for a super visa and are planning to spend a long time in Canada.

IRCC may see this as trying to game the system.
But at the same time, the letter clearly explains that they have no intention in living in Canada, that they will return back to home once they stay here for six months..

I totally dont understand this!!

"Playing game thing " and again MAY does not convince me.

I believe the system works based on facts and evidences.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The fact that his whole family will be in Canada creates concerns he will not return home after his studies. All you can do and wait and she what happens.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
But at the same time, the letter clearly explains that they have no intention in living in Canada, that they will return back to home once they stay here for six months..

I totally dont understand this!!

"Playing game thing " and again MAY does not convince me.

I believe the system works based on facts and evidences.
Not always, personal view and decision of a particular officer can determine ones future. If you wanted you parents to stay for 6 month, you would apply for a regular visa, not a super Visa. From the side it looks like a bad idea to state your parents as a tie since there is a chance they might stay in canada up to 2 years. My personal opinion which could be officers opinion too.