+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsor - Dependent does not have a birth certificate

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
Hi Guys, so we applied for parents sponsor in 2016. We submitted the birth certificate of the dependent which was issued in 2015 with the application.

However CIC now wants us to provide the birth certificate issued at the time of birth but the birth certificate was never registered for the dependent at the time of birth.

What other alternative will be acceptable instead of birth certificate ? The dependent has only completed 9th Class Exam and currently taking exams for the 10th Class.

Country of Origin: Pakistan
Visa Office: London

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
All I can suggest is that your parents submit a notarized letter declaring why there is no certificate from the time of the child's birth. If they have any other documents with them listed as the child's parents, they should include those as well.

If IRCC still has concerns, they will most likely issue a DNA request.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shinningstar said:
Anyone has any clue ?
Do you have a Hospital certificate given at birth?
A DNA sample will prob. be required

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
Thanks guys for the replies. really appreciate.

@canuck_in_uk: Will do the notarized letter, we have a few documents including a few educations documents including 9th class certificate, school leaving certificate and government issued certificate for children under 18 (issued couple of years after the dependent birth).

@jeffporfirio1: nope dont have the hospital record. We can try to get a Duplicate record issued from the hospital but the issue date for that will be of now and CIC seems to have an issue with recently issued documents. So not sure if that would be of any help.

I hope that CIC asks for DNA if they have doubt even after the submission of additional documents before refusing the application.

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi shiningstar,

Same situation here, my country does not issue birth certificates either, it only recently did so so our birth certificate is from 2015. contcted my Mp office and she said that the visa office is considering a DNA test because they are not satisfied with that the relationships are established. it has been a year after this news and we have not heard anything from visa office, no Dna request nothing. Mp told me that we should start the dna test on our own to save time. is that even possible? my mp is stupid who knows nothing. As far as I know you need letters from cic just like the medical letters to be able to do a dna test . you cant just walk in somewhere and say I want to do dna. correct my members if I am wrong plz!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
farah242 said:
Mp told me that we should start the dna test on our own to save time. is that even possible? my mp is stupid who knows nothing. As far as I know you need letters from cic just like the medical letters to be able to do a dna test . you cant just walk in somewhere and say I want to do dna. correct my members if I am wrong plz!!
You can't do the DNA test on your own. You need to wait for the official request from IRCC.

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
@farah242: Wow a year, thats too long. Did you order GCMS notes to see whats the hold up ?

Even if you could do DNA test on your own, I dont think CIC will consider it. It probably has to be done with some approved CIC lab only when they send u some form (Just like medical forms I believe) .

EtaG

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
hey, what exactly did you submit in the place of birth certificate and were you able to sponsor your parents without birth certificate? im in the same boat, do not have the birth certificate. Please provide your experience. Thank you.