+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Passport request letter - Separate Letter?

zvsharma

Jul 16, 2012
Hi

Received only ONE passport request letter few days back for my parents sponsorship application 2019. The letter is addressed to my Father (principal applicant).
My mother is on the application as a dependent.
Question: Have any one received a separate letter for the dependent on the application. Will there is will there be a separate letter issues later.
In past for Biometric and medical IRCC has issues separate letters. VFS India insist on separate letter for passport submission, where as checking with IRCC helpline they suggest to use the same letter on both stamping request envelope.

What is the correct procedure here. Does the letter addressing principal applicant work for both the passport request?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

Received only ONE passport request letter few days back for my parents sponsorship application 2019. The letter is addressed to my Father (principal applicant).
Question: Have any one received a separate letter for the dependent on the application. Will there is will there be a separate letter issues later.
In past for Biometric and medical IRCC has issues separate letters. VFS India insist on separate letter for passport submission, where as checking with IRCC helpline they suggest to use the same letter on both stamping request envelope.

What is the correct procedure here. Does the letter addressing principal applicant work for both the passport request?
Read the letter carefully, it should specify that includes dependents without naming them.

This is normal for spouses plus dependents, cannot say for pgp.

zvsharma

Jul 16, 2012
Read the letter carefully, it should specify that includes dependents without naming them.

This is normal for spouses plus dependents, cannot say for pgp.
the only line on letter that indicates some thing about dependents is the photograph
"Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent"
but then VFS officer / call center insist on two letter where as IRCC call center suggest different.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
the only line on letter that indicates some thing about dependents is the photograph
"Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent"
but then VFS officer / call center insist on two letter where as IRCC call center suggest different.
Is this in India? This came up for a spouse plus dependents in India a month or so ago. Vfs was wrong, only the one letter.

In my view that text above indicates clearly that this is the single letter covering both of them.

Reactions: zvsharma

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Hi

Hello! Were you able to successfully manage this issue with VFS India?

Even I received the passport request letter addressed to my Father (principal applicant), and my Mother's name (dependant) is NOT mentioned in the letter.

shriram0205

May 16, 2019
Has anyone else faced this? I received a request letter for my father who is the primary applicant and not for my mother (Visit visa)

Mr.Nurse

Feb 19, 2016
I have a similar experience. The letter is on my dad's name as he is the principal applicant and my mom is the dependent. VFS India is also insisiting to provide two letters. I'm booking two way courier services for passport submission and I will use the same letter as we don't have a choice. Hopefully when they check the UCI and application number they should know that this is a sponsorship application with a dependent and the issue should be resolved. If anyone recently had a similar experience and were able to submit the passport of both parents please share your thoughts and help people who are looking for answers in this regards.

Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a similar experience. The letter is on my dad's name as he is the principal applicant and my mom is the dependent. VFS India is also insisiting to provide two letters. I'm booking two way courier services for passport submission and I will use the same letter as we don't have a choice. Hopefully when they check the UCI and application number they should know that this is a sponsorship application with a dependent and the issue should be resolved. If anyone recently had a similar experience and were able to submit the passport of both parents please share your thoughts and help people who are looking for answers in this regards.

Thank you
This is a VFS issue that is weird, because all families get letters for PR applications that are addressed to the principal applicant and dependents - the other cases (TRVs I guess) are to individuals.

Either VFS India has this issue, unlike other offices, or perhaps there is some mistake with the website or process that does not understand how this is done for PR apps (which seems impossible given the number of PR apps from India).

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi, My parents visitor visa application was in progress. Today I received a decision on the application. I am confused as I received only 1 passport submission letter for my mother and NOT for my father. Did anyone experience this and how did you overcome?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, My parents visitor visa application was in progress. Today I received a decision on the application. I am confused as I received only 1 passport submission letter for my mother and NOT for my father. Did anyone experience this and how did you overcome?
If it was for a visitor visa, ask in the section on visitor visas.

winterc11

Jan 7, 2021

Thank you
Hi, im looking for l similar query.
I asked ircc the email me that the passport request letter comes only on the principal applicant's name. VFS is asking me to submit to separate packages. Did you get another letter for Dependant?
Please advise.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, im looking for l similar query.
I asked ircc the email me that the passport request letter comes only on the principal applicant's name. VFS is asking me to submit to separate packages. Did you get another letter for Dependant?
Please advise.
You will not get a separate letter for the dependent(s).

Can't help with why VFS India has this issue. Try complaining to IRCC, MP, or bump it up at VFS. Fine that they want to charge you for each person, but they should know that there will not be a separate letter and give clear instructions.

BK7

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a single letter for my parents and when calling VFS (Australia) they said they can only accept one passport with one letter. Looking at other people complaining, maybe VFS is just trying to make a quick buck as each submission is $60+.

Anyways, could @Mr.Nurse or @winterc11 please share how they submitted their passports?