+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents on supervisa - Re-Entry - Questions about medical insurance

ryanguy90

Jan 25, 2017
Hello Folks!

My parents are visiting us in Canada again in the next few weeks. They are on supervisas. We did purchase them for the one year medical insurance with $100000 coverage ( for each parent) as required when they first visited us two years back. I am posting this as I had a couple of conflicting answers by looking at previous posts and I couldn't find any information pertaining to this on re entry.

1. Is the minimum coverage for medical insurance still set as $100000 for each parent upon re entry? Or are we able to go for another amount, let's say $50000?
2. My parents purchased a one way ticket as we plan to return with them back to our home country but have yet to fix the date. Is this going to affect them in anyways when they show just one way ticket?

Any comment/feedback is much appreciated.

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hello Folks!

My parents are visiting us in Canada again in the next few weeks. They are on supervisas. We did purchase them for the one year medical insurance with $100000 coverage ( for each parent) as required when they first visited us two years back. I am posting this as I had a couple of conflicting answers by looking at previous posts and I couldn't find any information pertaining to this on re entry.

1. Is the minimum coverage for medical insurance still set as $100000 for each parent upon re entry? Or are we able to go for another amount, let's say $50000?
2. My parents purchased a one way ticket as we plan to return with them back to our home country but have yet to fix the date. Is this going to affect them in anyways when they show just one way ticket?

Any comment/feedback is much appreciated.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

1. yes, They require minimum insurance coverage $100000 each for one year and Immigrant officer will ask on port of entry in Canada.
2. No need return ticket for super visa.