+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents of PRs visiting Canada from India

nishanj

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi,
Does anyone know if parents of PRs can travel to YYZ at this time? I have tickets booked for my parents in Emirates, but the flight was cancelled and I haven't rescheduled it.
Canada will not accept RT PCR tests from India, so my parents have to get it done in Dubai. Is rapid PCR test done at the Dubai airport, which my parents can use to travel to Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
Does anyone know if parents of PRs can travel to YYZ at this time? I have tickets booked for my parents in Emirates, but the flight was cancelled and I haven't rescheduled it.
Canada will not accept RT PCR tests from India, so my parents have to get it done in Dubai. Is rapid PCR test done at the Dubai airport, which my parents can use to travel to Canada?
Yes, they can travel provided they can find an indirect path that allows them to complete the required testing.

There's an active discussion on travel options in the International Students section of the forum. Suggest you join discussions there.

Reactions: nishanj

Sardee

Feb 18, 2021
Category........
CEC
Yes, they can travel provided they can find an indirect path that allows them to complete the required testing.

There's an active discussion on travel options in the International Students section of the forum. Suggest you join discussions there.
URGENT*
Guys, i need help. I applied for my parents visitor visa in March 2020 and COVID-19 happened, i was TR at that time . They did biometrics in august 2021. i am PR now and want to make sure if their file is processed on priority basis. Our baby arrived in august 2021 and we desperately need somebody from family here in CA. Should i submit a regular webform or special measures one. M confused bw them, Plus can i be the inquirer? or it must be my father(main applicant for visitor visa). What documents should i attach with the webform? In webform Should i select temporary residence in drop down menu ? and in type of application- visitor record or just visa?
TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
URGENT*
Guys, i need help. I applied for my parents visitor visa in March 2020 and COVID-19 happened, i was TR at that time . They did biometrics in august 2021. i am PR now and want to make sure if their file is processed on priority basis. Our baby arrived in august 2021 and we desperately need somebody from family here in CA. Should i submit a regular webform or special measures one. M confused bw them, Plus can i be the inquirer? or it must be my father(main applicant for visitor visa). What documents should i attach with the webform? In webform Should i select temporary residence in drop down menu ? and in type of application- visitor record or just visa?
TIA
When did they do their biometrics? There case was essentially on hold until now but should start being processed. They could do their medical if they have not received a request yet. Have they been vaccinated with one of the vaccines approved in Canada.

Reactions: Sardee

Sardee

Feb 18, 2021
Category........
CEC
When did they do their biometrics? There case was essentially on hold until now but should start being processed. They could do their medical if they have not received a request yet. Have they been vaccinated with one of the vaccines approved in Canada.
Alright, what’s their application type? Just visa or visitor record?