+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents not being present at marriage- india -

HIMASAP

Nov 11, 2018
hello everyone..

on 19th october, 2018 i have sent my spousal sponsorship application from delhi, india. there are few things i want to know.

1) i got married to my boyfriend (pr holder) at arya samaj mandir got the marriage certificate and then got it registered too.
2) parents were not present at the marriage since they did not approve of our relationship although they accepted it afterwards.
3) we have known each other for almost 3 years (were good friends earlier) but marriage proposed in nov,2017 and finally married in april, 2018 after trying to convince everyone.
4) given chats around 60 pages, photos not many, marriage certificate, my passport has my husbands name, but i do not have a joint bank account with him.
5) mentioned in the relationship letter of how our relationship blossomed and what all hardships we had to face to be together and why our families were not present when we got married.
6) i have 2 visitor visa refusal 1 before marriage and 1 recently after applying for sponsorship though still have not received any UCI number for it (spousal sponsorship).

kind of worried for my spousal sponsorship after reading posts on refusal will i be able to prove genuinity since the marriage is solely out of love and no other reason of immigration.

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
hello everyone..

on 19th october, 2018 i have sent my spousal sponsorship application from delhi, india. there are few things i want to know.

1) i got married to my boyfriend (pr holder) at arya samaj mandir got the marriage certificate and then got it registered too.
2) parents were not present at the marriage since they did not approve of our relationship although they accepted it afterwards.
3) we have known each other for almost 3 years (were good friends earlier) but marriage proposed in nov,2017 and finally married in april, 2018 after trying to convince everyone.
4) given chats around 60 pages, photos not many, marriage certificate, my passport has my husbands name, but i do not have a joint bank account with him.
5) mentioned in the relationship letter of how our relationship blossomed and what all hardships we had to face to be together and why our families were not present when we got married.
6) i have 2 visitor visa refusal 1 before marriage and 1 recently after applying for sponsorship though still have not received any UCI number for it (spousal sponsorship).

kind of worried for my spousal sponsorship after reading posts on refusal will i be able to prove genuinity since the marriage is solely out of love and no other reason of immigration.
Well, one of my close friends got married similarly in court however, they took photos of wedding and all. They did keep the posts on fb and insta where they have tagged each other.

You shouldn't apply for a visitor visa after already applying for sponsorship. Your husband is already living there or is a PR holder, and also, there is a very less chance, that you'd return to your home country since your ties with your home country is less or none ( saying this because you had mentioned your parents didn't approve of your husband).

The nationality plays a small role.

I hope you didn't give them chats suggesting you'd move to canada post marriage with him, which may result into them thinking that it was the sole reason of marriage.

HIMASAP

Nov 11, 2018
Well, one of my close friends got married similarly in court however, they took photos of wedding and all. They did keep the posts on fb and insta where they have tagged each other.

You shouldn't apply for a visitor visa after already applying for sponsorship. Your husband is already living there or is a PR holder, and also, there is a very less chance, that you'd return to your home country since your ties with your home country is less or none ( saying this because you had mentioned your parents didn't approve of your husband).

The nationality plays a small role.

I hope you didn't give them chats suggesting you'd move to canada post marriage with him, which may result into them thinking that it was the sole reason of marriage.

yes we do have the wedding photos where our friends were present also the chats that we have sent are everyday general talks a couple would have and at times funny, weird.. does not really have something suggesting that moving to canada.. also parents from both the sides have become really supportive initially they were not .. but since the marriage has been performed and after all they are parents they love us we love them... only circumstances or time was tough that moment, so had to make such moves.... :) did your friend get approval??

Last edited:

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
Now that the parents are ok with it, you may want to invite them (parents from both sides plus other family members and/or relatives) to a restaurant and hang out with them, dine with them, take pictures and post them on Facebook (preferably public post) with captions stating that you are dining with parents from both sides and missing your husband who is in Canada. If IRCC wants further proof, you can share these photographs to prove that both families have now accepted you and the marriage.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello everyone..

Did you include letters from the parents?

Also, the checklist clearly states a limit of 10 pages of communication proofs, so you should not have sent 60 pages. The excess will likely be shredded.

sgaurav4

Sep 11, 2022
Hi Dear,

Can you please help confirming if your Arya Samaj Certificate was accepted ?

We are planning to file INLAND visitor to spousal visa. I am a full time student and want to check if i can sponsor my wife based in Arya Samajh Certificate.
We do not have registration at the moment from India.

Regards,
Gaurav