+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Immigration - Inadmissibility Question

s_abbas72

Feb 15, 2014
Hi,

I got a letter from immigration Canada regarding my parent immigration. The letter indicated that based on the medical reports, my mother might need extensive care for which her immigration can be rejected. My father reports are fine.

Here is extract from the letter related to the their inquiry:

" Before I make a final decision, you have the opportunity to submit additional information that addresses any or all of the following:

• the medical condition(s) identified;

• social services required in Canada for the period indicated above; and

• your individualized plan to ensure that no excessive demand will be imposed on Canadian social services for the entire period indicated above and your signed Declaration of Ability and Intent."

I can provide more details regarding the letter if required...

Can someone please advise what I course of action I should take? Do I need to contact a lawyer or immigration consultant for any advice, if so, can someone please advise any good lawyer or immigration consultant in Toronto(GTA) dealing with such scenarios?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You should send in a plan showing that her medical condition will not be as costly as the visa officer thinks. People have sent in detailed plans about how they will take care of their family member who might otherwise have to use social services. If there is a medical problem that can be fixed now, pay to have the operation done. For example, they might reject an applicant who needs knee surgery, but if the applicant gets the surgery in their own country, then the application can be successful.
I would consult a lawyer or immigration consultant to help you with this. The lawyers who run this website could help.

SPONSOR2014

Apr 29, 2016
My mother (82) just had her medical done as well. My mother probably has some form of dementia but is otherwise healthy. We never got her diagnosed as I don't think there is a cure for dementia. During the medical the doctor said she thinks she has early Parkinsons based on how she is walking and answering questions and handwriting. I don't think my mother has Parkinson's as she does not have any tremors/shaking, fainting spells etc. I am afraid now that she may fail her medical. Somewhere I read that you can write to your MP to request help as well.

I would appreciate any information you have gathered on how to deal with this issue. Were you able to get a copy of the medical exam? If so how?
Thanks in advance for any tips.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can ask the doctor for a copy of the medical exam results, or at least for him to tell you what he will indicate in his report.
If you think your mother might not be eligible because of medical conditions, you have to make a plan to address this issue. The visa officer will give you a fairness letter stating he or she thinks the applicant will be refused because of medical demands. You can then show the plan you have made that indicates how you will care for the applicant without using excessive medical and social resources in Canada. I would really get an experienced immigration lawyer to help with this.