+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents have visitor visa&planning to send the sponsorship application,problems?

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=10pt]Here's the situation:
My parents got their visitor visa and they've booked their flights June 26-August 26. We are just waiting for the Option C printout and then we are going to send our application to sponsor them plus my twin brothers.Originally, the plan is to submit it this week. I called Immigration last Friday and asked if will it affect the sponsorship if my parents will be here visiting for 2 months, the officer told me, it won't affect anything so I am thinking, there won't be a problem.
But then my relatives doesn't want me to submit the application not til my parents arrives saying that their friends are saying that it won't be a good idea, that immigration might think that since they are here with visitors visa, they might not leave(dumb thinking but this point, they don't listen to me but listens to their friends) I told them to call immigration themselves so they know who is saying the right thing to do but decided to go with what I told them as per immigration but then told me that it will be my fault if there will be problems once my parents get to Vancouver in June.

Can somebody please help me make my relatives listen to me than to their friends? Or if you have experience with the same situation, please share...
In my case, do you know any problems that might arise when they get to Vancouver with the visa officer?
[/size]

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vinadam said:
[size=10pt]Here's the situation:
My parents got their visitor visa and they've booked their flights June 26-August 26. We are just waiting for the Option C printout and then we are going to send our application to sponsor them plus my twin brothers.Originally, the plan is to submit it this week. I called Immigration last Friday and asked if will it affect the sponsorship if my parents will be here visiting for 2 months, the officer told me, it won't affect anything so I am thinking, there won't be a problem.
But then my relatives doesn't want me to submit the application not til my parents arrives saying that their friends are saying that it won't be a good idea, that immigration might think that since they are here with visitors visa, they might not leave(dumb thinking but this point, they don't listen to me but listens to their friends) I told them to call immigration themselves so they know who is saying the right thing to do but decided to go with what I told them as per immigration but then told me that it will be my fault if there will be problems once my parents get to Vancouver in June.

Can somebody please help me make my relatives listen to me than to their friends? Or if you have experience with the same situation, please share...
In my case, do you know any problems that might arise when they get to Vancouver with the visa officer?
[/size]
1. Your parents have a TRV (visitor visa) whether you sponsor them or not makes no difference. The application won't even be opened for 2/3 months after you submit and the processing time for parents at Mississauga is 35 months. Their friends really don't know what they are talking about.
2. From the OP 11 Manual http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf page 7

Parents and grandparents
In April 2005, the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration made a policy decision to encourage
visa officers to be more flexible in issuing temporary resident visas (TRV), including multiple-entry
visas, to parents and grandparents:
• who have applications for permanent residence in process; and
• who wish to visit but do not intend to immigrate to Canada.
As set out in A22(2), the intent to become a permanent resident does not preclude a person from
becoming a temporary resident. If a parent or grandparent intends to become a permanent
resident eventually and can satisfy an officer on a balance of probabilities that they will leave
Canada at the end of the authorized period of stay, in accordance with R179, officers will normally
issue a TRV (a single-or multiple-entry visa). Longer validity visas should also be considered (see
Section 16 – Procedure: Long-term temporary residents

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much, PMM!

I am going to send the site that you've provided to one of my relatives and ask to read it themselves. Hope this will satify them...

Thanks again! :)

JarJes

Mar 22, 2009
Hello PMM:

I read your prv detailed reply. If I understand it right, there are chances to get through mutiple visitor visa for parents regardless of times (first or second) based on the CIC decision. But is it wise to apply mutiple on first time application? I knw that VFS officials are not encouraging to do so. They always said go for single entry first. But I heard from other VFS official that apply for mutiple then only VO believe that we are intend to go and come back instead of not intend to just get in Canada. There are lots of speculation about this. Ofcourse we dont know what is the mindset of VO on each application.

Anything you would like say about this...?

JJ