hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi,

Interesting developments around how we can get our Parents and Grand parents to Canada - permanently.

This Phase 1 of the action plan with 4 steps has a mix of good news and contrasting developments, in this program. E.g. for those who have already applied for parents/grandparents visa in the past things - may move a bit faster. As well as those wishing to get their parents/grandparents quickly over to Canada, to be united with their families, there is another alternative announced.

A new Super Visa has been announced for Parents and Grand Parents. This is said to take about 8 weeks to process, have multiple entry, validity for 10 years and needs private health insurance to be obtained.

But for those planning to apply to get their Parents or Grandparents on a permanent basis, there is unfortunately a 'pause' for 24 months. Canadians will now be consulted on how revamp the entire program and as per CIC "...to ensure that it is sustainable in the future. The redesigned program must avoid future large backlogs and be sensitive to fiscal constraints...."

See the CIC link for full announcement titled:"Government of Canada to cut backlog and wait times for family reunification – Phase I of Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification
Ottawa, November 4, 2011 — The Government of Canada is taking immediate action to cut the backlog and wait times for sponsored parents and grandparents, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today......."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2011/2011-11-04.asp?utm_source=flipper1&utm_medium=featflip&utm_content=pgp-e&utm_campaign=generic

Regards,
Nav

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
I am not in favor of allowing more parents and grand parents into Canada UNLESS the sponsor(s) pay for the medical premiums and that they not be allowed social services and also not be allowed to apply for OAS after 10 years as is the case now. Right now, landed parents and grandparents are allowed to get old age pensions and the supplement after 10 years in Canada even tho they never worked and contributed to the social safety net! That's over $1800 a month for 2 married seniors!! Canada already 570 billion in debt. Do we want to end up like Greece, Italy, Spain Portugal and Ireland who are close to bankrupcy?

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dben said:
I am not in favor of allowing more parents and grand parents into Canada UNLESS the sponsor(s) pay for the medical premiums and that they not be allowed social services and also not be allowed to apply for OAS after 10 years as is the case now. Right now, landed parents and grandparents are allowed to get old age pensions and the supplement after 10 years in Canada even tho they never worked and contributed to the social safety net! That's over $1800 a month for 2 married seniors!! Canada already 570 billion in debt. Do we want to end up like Greece, Italy, Spain Portugal and Ireland who are close to bankrupcy?
Some points good .... dont wanna pay dont pay who the hell is asking for paying .... but let parents come..... immigrants earn by hard work tonz of money they are not on EI like most of you who contributed through EI to the country .........

I think Gov of Canada should End EI first ..... what the fuk is that .......... i am fkn paying 2800 in tax each months and then i have to take days off to go and meet my parents ..... what the fk is this ............ people like u are sitting at home and appyling for EI that comes from money we pay .......... deoude ............. dont wanna fkn give benifits dont give ..........take all health cards up urz ................. but let families be together ............. suker