+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
It was just under a month, applied on April 3 and recieved it on May 1. i was planning to send an email to IRCC explaning it is in process if it didn't came on time.
when did you applied to BLS? 03-Apr? you got requested on 03-Apr right?

Neelu123

Apr 8, 2022
I was in a similar situation as you and i gave them the following:
Garde 10, aadhar card, voter ID, expired Indian passport, PAN card, OCI

They were happy with it I assume since my application has reached the final approval stage.
Thank you so much Shankar for this guidance. I called CIC yesterday and they suggested to respond to the email with the documents you have along with the explanation letter. Just like you said.

I submitted 13 additional documents and explanation letter to satisfy them a couple of hours back.

One more thing I wanted to say is that I've received the AOR email also on 8 May with that default language that if not already included submit the Financial Evaluation form. But since I included it in the application itself, I am not resending it.

Please suggest if it is the right approach.

Other question I have is how come I received the AOR on 8th May, if they requested for additional documents on 11 April?

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Thank you so much Shankar for this guidance. I called CIC yesterday and they suggested to respond to the email with the documents you have along with the explanation letter. Just like you said.

I submitted 13 additional documents and explanation letter to satisfy them a couple of hours back.

One more thing I wanted to say is that I've received the AOR email also on 8 May with that default language that if not already included submit the Financial Evaluation form. But since I included it in the application itself, I am not resending it.

Other question I have is how come I received the AOR on 8th May, if they requested for additional documents on 11 April?
I recived similar letter. I decided not to send it again, but following your post just in case.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Did you mail your application for PCC?

In person applications are much faster, i applied for PCC by mail and my application sat at the BLS Office in Vancouver for 10 days before they set for further processing. Two months prior I had applied for new passports for my parents in person and the applications went for processing the very next day. I learnt my lesson the hard way after wasting 10 days.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
In person applications are much faster, i applied for PCC by mail and my application sat at the BLS Office in Vancouver for 10 days before they set for further processing. Two months prior I had applied for new passports for my parents in person and the applications went for processing the very next day. I learnt my lesson the hard way after wasting 10 days.
Thanks. I am considering to go in person. How long it took you to get it ?

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014

You dont need to resend the Financial Evaluation form, i dont think I did. Dont worry about the timelines so much, what's important is things are moving for you and that you have a AOR. Try linking you application to the GCKey now if not already done, the advantage you will be able to send future documents such as PCC, biometrics etc faster than waiting for emails and responding. I had trouble linking my application and called them, an agent helped me

Reactions: Neelu123

Neelu123

Apr 8, 2022
You dont need to resend the Financial Evaluation form, i dont think I did. Dont worry about the timelines so much, what's important is things are moving for you and that you have a AOR. Try linking you application to the GCKey now if not already done, the advantage you will be able to send future documents such as PCC, biometrics etc faster than waiting for emails and responding. I had trouble linking my application and called them, an agent helped me
Thank you so much Shankar.

I was able to link the application with GCKey by doing some combination of number of applicants. Took me a few tries. Will keep a check on that portal.

Thinking of booking PCC now itself for my Parents in India. Not sure how long it takes to get it from PSK in New Delhi.

Reactions: Shankar Iyer
May 8, 2024
Submitted the end of October,2023, sent additional documents on Feb 25 and March 17, 2024. No updates at all, can’t link. Anyone similar? Very worried….

sampri

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014
Hello all!

A quick question - for outbound parents, once PR visa is issued, what is the deadline for them to land here in Canada? All I know is COPR is valid for 1 year, will the expiration date be the same on PR visa in the passport?

Nedi27

Star Member
Oct 19, 2023
Hello all!

A quick question - for outbound parents, once PR visa is issued, what is the deadline for them to land here in Canada? All I know is COPR is valid for 1 year, will the expiration date be the same on PR visa in the passport?
we got our visa and its one year before the medical passed date

sampri

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014