+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

bbedizci

Apr 20, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am filing my sponsorship application for my parents and I am in the middle of filing the "IMM5476e Use of a representative" form.

Lets assume my name is Mark (Sponsor)
My dad's name: John
My mom's name: Jane (Principal Applicant)

Under Section D: Your declaration

Signature of applicant will be for Jane, which is clear.

I am not clear on whether who or if "Signature of spouse or common-law partner for sponsorship application" should be signed by?

Any help, direction is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Mar 22, 2024
Vietnam
Hello everyone,

I am filing my sponsorship application for my parents and I am in the middle of filing the "IMM5476e Use of a representative" form.

I am not clear on whether who or if "Signature of spouse or common-law partner for sponsorship application" should be signed by?

Thank you in advance
if you are the only sponsor (no co-sign sponsor/your wife/partner) then do sign that part

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Has anyone got the same request from IRCC? The NOC were uploaded with the application and now they have asked for this:
For the period specified, provide an original OPTION C-Printout (this document is
different from the Notice of Assessment and is available free-of-charge by calling the Canada Revenue Agency at
1-800-959-8281) Our office requires a copy of your OPTION C Printout for the tax years 2020, 2021 and 2022 in
order to render a financial evaluation.

johnpeter

Jul 10, 2012
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance
Did you receive an invitation to apply? When?

Reactions: Naturgrl

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Update on my timeline:

Applied: Nov 2nd
Additional Documents: Feb 1st Sent Feb 4th
AOR: March 11
Biometric Request: April 19
Pre-Arrival Letter (Which BTW I guess means nothing and is just a guide): April 20
Medical Test Request: April 22
No Sponsorship approval yet.

I hope we get PCC request soon and be done with sending documents!

Last edited:

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Has anyone got the same request from IRCC? The NOC were uploaded with the application and now they have asked for this:
For the period specified, provide an original OPTION C-Printout (this document is
different from the Notice of Assessment and is available free-of-charge by calling the Canada Revenue Agency at
1-800-959-8281) Our office requires a copy of your OPTION C Printout for the tax years 2020, 2021 and 2022 in
order to render a financial evaluation.
*Sorry, supposed to be NOA instead of NOC

Rajeeind

Apr 21, 2024
Hi All,
I have UCI and Application number, but still unable to link the application in GC. Please note I did not receive AOR yet, however I got Biometrics and medical request.

Has anyone faced similar issue?

rajan818

May 9, 2016
Hi Friends,

I had sponsored permanent residency for my mother under the 2023 PGP. I had applied on Nov 5, 2023 and her process is almost complete. She received an email yesterday that requests her passport and two photos to issue the final visa for completing the landing process and they have given 30 days to send her passport. She already has planned trip to Canada coming up in the next 10 days (she plans to visit me in Canada for about 45 days) and I am afraid that she will not be able to get her passport back in time if she sends to IRCC. I am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation? We are really worried as we can't cancel the trip at this point due to heavy cancellation charges. Please help!

Thanks,
Rajan

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Hi Friends,

I had sponsored permanent residency for my mother under the 2023 PGP. I had applied on Nov 5, 2023 and her process is almost complete. She received an email yesterday that requests her passport and two photos to issue the final visa for completing the landing process and they have given 30 days to send her passport. She already has planned trip to Canada coming up in the next 10 days (she plans to visit me in Canada for about 45 days) and I am afraid that she will not be able to get her passport back in time if she sends to IRCC. I am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation? We are really worried as we can't cancel the trip at this point due to heavy cancellation charges. Please help!

Thanks,
Rajan
First and foremost congratulations to your mum for getting to the tail end of this process.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. You have 30 days from yesterday to send her passport for PR visa issuance and she plan visiting Canada in 10 days time; this leaves you with sufficient ample time of 20 days to send her passport to the visa office once she arrives Canada .

My recommendation will be for her to continue with the travel plans and plan to courier her passport to the visa office once she arrives Canada in 10 days time.

Once she gets her passport back with the stamped PR visa, she will simply do the inland PR landing.

rajan818

May 9, 2016
First and foremost congratulations to your mum for getting to the tail end of this process.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. You have 30 days from yesterday to send her passport for PR visa issuance and she plan visiting Canada in 10 days time; this leaves you with sufficient ample time of 20 days to send her passport to the visa office once she arrives Canada .

My recommendation will be for her to continue with the travel plans and plan to courier her passport to the visa office once she arrives Canada in 10 days time.

Once she gets her passport back with the stamped PR visa, she will simply do the inland PR landing.
Thanks for the response but they haven't provided any information about visa office in Canada to send the passport to in that letter. They did mention that if someone is within Canada then they should let them know within 5 days of the receipt of the letter so that they can facilitate virtual landing but since she is in India right now I don't know if they would give her that option before she is physically in Canada. I have sent a webform requesting to grant her the option of virtual landing or provide some extension so that she can send her documents once she returns to India. Right now we do not have any clear path on what they would say so we are a bit confused at the moment.

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Thanks for the response but they haven't provided any information about visa office in Canada to send the passport to in that letter. They did mention that if someone is within Canada then they should let them know within 5 days of the receipt of the letter so that they can facilitate virtual landing but since she is in India right now I don't know if they would give her that option before she is physically in Canada. I have sent a webform requesting to grant her the option of virtual landing or provide some extension so that she can send her documents once she returns to India. Right now we do not have any clear path on what they would say so we are a bit confused at the moment.
Call IRCC and explain the situation. They have recently became more helpful than before so might give you some peace of mind.