21-06-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
Med's Request
2-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
Hey Shankar Iyer,
I got a letter this afternoon, that they asked me to send imm5768 with SIN no to verify income from CRA (If the form was not already sent with the application). so should I resend the downloaded one I submitted or complete another one?
I got the same email with AOR. I think we don’t need to send it again as it was already included with application

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Did IRCC request PCC from Canada? They usually do not request for that.
Valid point, my parents are in similar situation and I went to the local RCMP office. They said they will not issue a criminal record check unless IRCC has requested for it specifically, he further went on to say even people that have lived here 10 years don't require a formal letter from RCMP. So I am not getting one from Canada unless they specifically ask for it.

Reactions: YVR123

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I see this information needed in the letter sent out to my Mom:
=======================================
Police Certificate: You are required to provide a copy of your original police certificate from India.
Please follow these instructions to ensure you provide the correct police certificate:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/policecertificates/
how.html

I see this information needed in the letter sent out to me:
=======================================
Police Certificate: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if applicable) must provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live, and
 Any country they have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18.
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Follow these instructions to ensure you provide the correct police certificates: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

I couldn't understand how to proceed further between these two; hence I asked the Q here regarding getting PCC from Canada for her stay.
If this is not needed, I'm good too.
I got 2 separate letters as you, the first was for my dad. I clarified on another thread that RCMP will not issue a letter for Canada, so you dont need it unless IRCC specifically asks for it.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally received an update!

Application submitted: 15 Oct 2023
AOR: 03 Apr 2024
Biometric request: 03 Apr 2024

Hopefully now the trend continues.
Update!

Medical request: 05 Apr 2024

Hoping the march forward continues.

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Even with AOR email and file no starting with "F", i am not able to link to GCKey !!
There is a particular question that was asked when linking application to GCKey about how many people are in the application. I guess it's probably the last question; I eventually found out that the right option is "2" for me (having only my mum in the application). You could take note of that when trying to link your application because I struggled with it before realizing the right answer.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
My father has received eCoPR. With this the process is complete.
Wishing you all the best who are waiting just hang on there, things are moving.

Congratulations

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
There is a particular question that was asked when linking application to GCKey about how many people are in the application. I guess it's probably the last question; I eventually found out that the right option is "2" for me (having only my mum in the application). You could take note of that when trying to link your application because I struggled with it before realizing the right answer.
Thank you so much for your response. You are right we have to figure out what is our correct answer to the family size question. I had read on this and other forums that kids of sponsor will not be counted in total size.. i always excluded and tried rest all combination...however i tried incl the kid and it worked..finally linked :)

smshmd

Oct 15, 2015
I was able to link my profile to gckey account and since I have done upfront medicals and PCC , it shows Medicals passed on Feb 9, No AoR yet. I will update the tracker with info. Biometrics says valid till 2029 as my father last did biometrics in 2019.
Hello, how did you do upfront medicals and pcc?? . My dad planning to come for a visit.
Please help

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Do we need PCC for all places/Countries where we(applicant) lived more that 6 Months in last 10 years ?

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Hi All,
I got a letter to submit signed IMM5406 along with a few other documents. I submitted that information on 27th February but have still not received AOR. Is there anyone else in the similar situation? Also, is there any way for me to see if they have started processing the file?

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
Hello, for all those trying to link the application, please open IMM008 to fill information exactly the same for each required field. For example, if you mentioned birth place as "Ludhiana, Punjab" in IMM008 but in GCKey form you mention only "Ludhiana" then it will return with an error of no information found.

Mar 14, 2024
Thank you so much for your response. You are right we have to figure out what is our correct answer to the family size question. I had read on this and other forums that kids of sponsor will not be counted in total size.. i always excluded and tried rest all combination...however i tried incl the kid and it worked..finally linked :)
Please share your timeline and also details and steps on how you linked your application.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
I applied on Nov 12th. Nothing received yet. I called customer service today and got the temporary file number. But I could not link it with GCkey.
What number did you call?

Tykoon

Dec 15, 2023
Hello, for all those trying to link the application, please open IMM008 to fill information exactly the same for each required field. For example, if you mentioned birth place as "Ludhiana, Punjab" in IMM008 but in GCKey form you mention only "Ludhiana" then it will return with an error of no information found.
Canadian what should we put in birth place