+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I got the AOR today and as their standard letter it mentioned to submit 5768 form for Financial Evaluation if not included in the application. Should I resubmit through the webform? Also should resubmit the same I filled and signed before or fill a new one since about 3 month passed?!!

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
Hello I need help,

My parents got their copr. Their visas are valid till november 2024. Unfortunately, my parents decided not to come to Canada. What happen if my parents would not land before their visa expires?

Can I still apply for a new visa? incase they change their mind?

Please let me know. Thanks

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I submitted my application Nov 6, 2023. Then received a request to resubmit the IMM 5406 and proof of relationahip on Feb 6. Submitted requested documents Feb 12. Since then I have not heard anything back. My dad checked the PR portal and the status of the application says RETURNED. Should we be worried? We haven't received any form of documentation confirming the application had been returned or any refund for application fees paid.
same situation for me.. i think as long as u have the temp file no. and u send back the documents, you are ok.... i called ircc and they told me my new documents were not yet reviewed.

Reactions: 407 ETR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello I need help,

My parents got their copr. Their visas are valid till november 2024. Unfortunately, my parents decided not to come to Canada. What happen if my parents would not land before their visa expires?

Can I still apply for a new visa? incase they change their mind?

Please let me know. Thanks
Nothing happens if they don’t land in Canada as a PR. They can still apply for other permits/visas or PR going forward.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi everyone,

My in-laws we are sponsoring are here in Canada as tourists. We have applied for a visitor record to extend their stay here in Canada because we are expecting. We received a medical request for this application.

My question is - can this medical be used for our PGP application? (side note, we haven't even receive the AOR). We also know that a medical is valid up to a year. If we can, provided that the request we will get for this PGP application is still within the one year, how can we submit it or tell them there's a medical record already on their file from a different application?

Thanks a lot.
Wait till you get the AOR, at that point you'll have an application#. Using that you can submit documents upfront using the web portal.

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
Hi Everyone
Recd doc request letter... Requested 2 docs ..XF number generated
1. Sponsor relationship proof to primary applicant
2. Dependant relationship to primary applicant.
Per letter looks like they need aadhaar, PAN, old indian PP etc.
Appln submitted 7 Dec 2023
Doc Request mail 12 Mar 2024

Last edited:

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hey could you please share how you were able to get your application linked?
Create GCKEY account, there would be a link in the main page to link application. Information like name/uci/passport is the main applicant info not the sponsor.

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I got the AOR today and as their standard letter it mentioned to submit 5768 form for Financial Evaluation if not included in the application. Should I resubmit through the webform? Also should resubmit the same I filled and signed before or fill a new one since about 3 month passed?!!
Any suggestion folks? Logically if it is generic letter then better not to resubmit but someone said the IRCC rep said resubmit just in case.

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
Any suggestion folks? Logically if it is generic letter then better not to resubmit but someone said the IRCC rep said resubmit just in case.
I got exactly the same letter, even I already included that form from the original application, I still resubmitted it to make sure they don’t miss it.

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
Wondering if anyone is in the same situation:
Application submitted: November 2, 2023
Additional documents request: January and Feb 20th

No update since then

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I got a request to go for biometrics this morning for my mother

Interested submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 12, 2023
Sponsoring: Parents-inside Canada
Application submitted: October 22, 2023
Additional info Requested on: January 19, 2024
Info requested: New passports, Aadhar, Voters ID.
Partial Info submitted: Aadhar and Voter ID on January 22, waiting for renewed passports
Biometrics fees requested: February 06, 2024 (paid and uploaded receipt same day)
New passports submitted: February 14, 2024
AOR received: February 20, 2024 (resent imm5768e)
Processing Office: Case Processing Centre in Mississauga
Biometrics requested: March 13, 2024
Biometrics Completed: March 28, 2024 (appointment scheduled)
Sponsorship Approval:
Link Application:
Medical:
PCC:
PPR:
COPR