+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I'm kind of in the same boat. Tried to call CIC but there are too many options and couldn't relate the one for PGP. Did you use "F" as the start of the application number? Any tips?

Thanks
Shahadat
Choose F, it will say for spouse sponsor but don't worry about that and continue

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I was having no success at linking my application, so I called IRCC and this wonderful lady helped on the phone and its now linked. Their phone service has definitely improved .... they even have a call back facility and you don't have to hold the line for 20mins. Back in the day I remember having to remain on the phone for hours to get hold of an agent :(

Reactions: ss_2015

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I was having no success at linking my application, so I called IRCC and this wonderful lady helped on the phone and its now linked. Their phone service has definitely improved .... they even have a call back facility and you don't have to hold the line for 20mins. Back in the day I remember having to remain on the phone for hours to get hold of an agent :(
How were you able to link? What options did you choose while linking?

Blessed_ritu

Mar 6, 2024
Anyone here from BC who applied for parents immigration and can share their timeline if they received AOR . I submitted my parents application on 20-Nov-2024 and have not heard anything from CIC .

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Anyone here from BC who applied for parents immigration and can share their timeline if they received AOR . I submitted my parents application on 20-Nov-2024 and have not heard anything from CIC .
Yes I am from BC, applied for my parents on Oct 22 and got the AOR on Feb 20.

Toon993

Oct 20, 2018
Hi everyone- received additional document request from Mississauga office - they want my 'old school records' but didn't specify what. This is for proof of relationship to parents (and they mentioned they have my birth certificate). Has anyone else received a similar request? How many years worth of records are they looking for?

andypatel

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IMM 5406 (for Dependant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependants aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand. Sections A, B and C must be fully completed.

For Section B, please ensure that you include ALL children, including ALL adopted, step-children, and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, regardless of age. For Section C, please ensure that you include ALL brothers and sisters including half, stepbrothers/sisters and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country.

so do we have to fill for each person this form?

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
Application submit: Dec 3rd, 2023
Additional Info request: Mar 6th, 2024

MM 5406 (for Dependent): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand. Sections A, B and C must be fully completed.

I've few questions as I'm filling the form on behalf of my parents.

1) I missed myself under Children section B when I last submitted. I have one brother and I've included his information under Section B. Do I include myself under children's section?
2) My brother is 25yrs old. And living in UK. Not dependent on my parents. It is little confusing when the form said include all dependent aged 18 and over. Do this mean my brother have to fill separate IMM 5406 form? He is not accompanying with my parents.

Thanks in advance.

Wethewest

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Here’s our PGP2023 timeline.
  • Submitted: 15 Oct 2023
  • Additional Documents requested: 15 Jan 2024
  • AOR: 1 Feb 2024
  • Biometric Request: 01 March 2024
  • Medical Request: 07 March 2024
  • Got a mail on Feb 26 to submit IMM 5768 if it wasn’t already submitted with original application. I called CIC to confirm if they need a new one but agent told me to resubmit the same one just incase.

Nedi27

Star Member
Oct 19, 2023
I notice a lot of IMM 5406 request here, we were ask for this as well and its weird cause I remember filling up the webform at the beginning and they specifically said that put only the children that are eligible to accompany and not the ones that are not and the children that are already in Canada PR/Citizen. And now they're asking again to send the forms cause we "send an incomplete file".