+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello
My PGP 2023 for my mother's sponsorship application was returned as they said the IMM5406 Form was incomplete but didn't specify exactly what was missing.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

1. My sister is 40 yrs old and lives with my mother but is NOT financially dependent on her. Do I need to fill out a separate IMM5406 form for her as a non accompanying dependent?
2. Is there any way to accommodate her in the application and sponsor her?
3. The PDF version of the IMM 5406 does not have an option to mark my father's marital status as Not applicable - Deceased.
Do you think it's okay to manually write it with a pen as Deceased in his Marital Status?

Thanks in advance.
Your sister is NOT a dependent. Living with your mother doesn't make her a dependent. She should not be in IMM00008. She also doesn't need her IMM5406. Her information should be listed as children in your mother's IMM5406 (and so should your information)

2. It's not possible unless she has physical or mental disability (but that may affect your mother's application if her condition will deem for excessive healthcare cost)

KamToor

Apr 30, 2017
This is AOR.
thanks for confirming.
Can you also advise about the medical question
I had my mother's Medical done for Super Visa 2 days ago. Should i wait for IRCC to request medical for PGP application or just submit it via email with 5768

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thanks for confirming.
Can you also advise about the medical question
I had my mother's Medical done for Super Visa 2 days ago. Should i wait for IRCC to request medical for PGP application or just submit it via email with 5768
Not too sure. But you can submit it as see if they will require another one.

asif_add

Oct 16, 2023
Hello
My PGP 2023 for my mother's sponsorship application was returned as they said the IMM5406 Form was incomplete but didn't specify exactly what was missing.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

1. My sister is 40 yrs old and lives with my mother but is NOT financially dependent on her. Do I need to fill out a separate IMM5406 form for her as a non accompanying dependent?
3. The PDF version of the IMM 5406 does not have an option to mark my father's marital status as Not applicable - Deceased.
Do you think it's okay to manually write it with a pen as Deceased in his Marital Status?

Thanks in advance.
I have the same issue, what I did, I put matrial status what ever was the the time of death, I did same for my mother's mother and father.
Also you can see at the end of lettter that if princple applicant supose died then you need to submitt death certificate of you father.
I sent updated signed IMM5406, with martial status as mentioned above and laso death certificate of my father

Reactions: ss_2015

Toon993

Oct 20, 2018
HI folks - dumb question for the CSQ. Do all the forms have to be filled in French (I understand that the questions are in French but can the answers be in english)?

KamToor

Apr 30, 2017
Its their standard response to everyone who gets the AOR, I got the same and resent the 5768 via the web form and got a confirmation that it was uploaded in a couple of days.
Hey, did you upload the same 5768 submitted with the application or filled a new one??

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hello

Thanks in advance.

@YVR123

I would really appreciate your insights on this please.

Thanks a ton.

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
Hi all,
Today i received an email from IRCC for my mothers PGP application with a letter stating

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application.
OR
o If you selected “No” to the Statement of Consent on this form then you would need to
provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the
Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout
for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your
parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same
as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account.
The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this
document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Few Questions:
Is it AOR?
Do i need to re-submit 5768, i already submitted it with the application? so confusing.. i see some members have resubmitted it. Do i need to fill the form again with current date and add last year tax info??
Hi! When did you submit application?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello

Thanks in advance.

@YVR123

I would really appreciate your insights on this please.

Thanks a ton.
I have responded to your questions.

1. Your sister is NOT a dependent. Living with your mother doesn't make her a dependent. She should not be in IMM0008. She also doesn't need her IMM5406. Her information should be listed as children in your mother's IMM5406 (and so should your information)

2. It's not possible unless she has physical or mental disability (but that may affect your mother's application if her condition will deem for excessive healthcare cost)
3. I don't know. I am not familiar with the online form. I think others have responded to your question.