+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
So that's the thing, in the letter, there is no option to tick yes or enter name. I also dont know how to post images here :(
first two pages are asking for the documents they want, third page is describing how to submit the documents, and thats it
Hi Himani,
There should be two questions to provide your consent as below:

"Consent and declaration

Do you (as the principal applicant) consent to be contacted by IRCC, or an organization at IRCC's request, in the
future?
Yes

Consent to release information for Evaluation purposes
I agree that the information contained in this application related to my intended occupation, education and work
experience may be shared with prospective employers in order to assist them in hiring workers.

Yes

They ask you to digitally sign in below format where you have to provide principal applicant's Full name.

"Electronically sign your application
Consent and declaration with 5669

I declare that the information given is truthful, complete and accurate.
I declare that I, as the principal applicant, am electronically signing my application, not another person or
representative.
I understand that by typing my name and clicking "Submit", I am electronically signing my application.
To electronically sign your online application, enter your full name as it appears in your passport.
Full name
First-name Middle-name Last-name"

Hope this helps you.

feliznavidad

Dec 24, 2021
Wondering if it's just me.
Anybody here who still hasn't heard back from IRCC after submitting their application? It's been more than 4 months since I submitted mine.

Abbass

Dec 7, 2011
Got AOR today. But the letter also says:

"In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
  • A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number."
I already submitted this form with the original application (I see it in the downloadable zip folder), hand-signed and scanned it. Not sure what the issue is, but I'm going to upload the original form, even if it says "if not already submitted." Or should I not? Wondering why they had to mention it...confusing.
No Need to re-submit.

KamToor

Apr 30, 2017
Hi all,
Today i received an email from IRCC for my mothers PGP application with a letter stating

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application.
OR
o If you selected “No” to the Statement of Consent on this form then you would need to
provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the
Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout
for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your
parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same
as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account.
The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this
document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Few Questions:
Is it AOR?
Do i need to re-submit 5768, i already submitted it with the application? so confusing.. i see some members have resubmitted it. Do i need to fill the form again with current date and add last year tax info??
I had my mother's Medical done for Super Visa 2 days ago. Should i wait for IRCC to request medical for PGP application or just submit it via email with 5768

Last edited:
Reactions: GNPLC

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Hi, I received an additional information request yesterday and submitted via email as instructed in the letter. Haven't received any confirmation if they received the email. Do they send document/email received confirmation?

Thanks
Shahadat

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
I am using a representative for my application. Does anyone know how to link profile so I can see updates as well?

indbangalore

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Got AOR today. But the letter also says:

"In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
  • A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number."
I already submitted this form with the original application (I see it in the downloadable zip folder), hand-signed and scanned it. Not sure what the issue is, but I'm going to upload the original form, even if it says "if not already submitted." Or should I not? Wondering why they had to mention it...confusing.
when did you submit you application?

indbangalore

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Wondering if it's just me.
Anybody here who still hasn't heard back from IRCC after submitting their application? It's been more than 4 months since I submitted mine.
Hi I had submitted December 20th 2023. received email that application is received after submitting webform.
I think they havent yet processed the application

Reactions: feliznavidad

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hello
My PGP 2023 for my mother's sponsorship application was returned as they said the IMM5406 Form was incomplete but didn't specify exactly what was missing.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

1. My sister is 40 yrs old and lives with my mother but is NOT financially dependent on her. Do I need to fill out a separate IMM5406 form for her as a non accompanying dependent?
2. Is there any way to accommodate her in the application and sponsor her?
3. The PDF version of the IMM 5406 does not have an option to mark my father's marital status as Not applicable - Deceased.
Do you think it's okay to manually write it with a pen as Deceased in his Marital Status?

Thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all,
Today i received an email from IRCC for my mothers PGP application with a letter stating

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):
Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship
application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included
in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your
Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada
Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income
tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of your application.
OR
o If you selected “No” to the Statement of Consent on this form then you would need to
provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the
Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout
for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your
parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same
as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account.
The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this
document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Few Questions:
Is it AOR?
Do i need to re-submit 5768, i already submitted it with the application? so confusing.. i see some members have resubmitted it. Do i need to fill the form again with current date and add last year tax info??
I had my mother's Medical done for Super Visa 2 days ago. Should i wait for IRCC to request medical for PGP application or just submit it via email with 5768
This is AOR.

Reactions: KamToor