Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
08-10-2019
Hi:

I need some advice I have been asked to provide a divorce certificate for my mother's application, however this a the problem. My step father left from 2004 and went to the US and she was never served a divorce document and she has never seen him since and has no contact with him. I don't know how I am going to prove this, please any suggestions?

asif_add

Oct 16, 2023
I got letter to submit IMM5406 again. In Marital status following options are available. Annulled marriage, Common-law, Conjugal, Divorced, Legally separated, Married, single, Unknown and Widowed.
I need help regarding what to put in Marital status in case of Deceased person

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I got letter to submit IMM5406 again. In Marital status following options are available. Annulled marriage, Common-law, Conjugal, Divorced, Legally separated, Married, single, Unknown and Widowed.
I think it should be widowed hopefully seniors can advise you better. When did you submit your application?

vancityrichard

Jan 24, 2024
"Widowed" means your spouse died, so use that if the other party is deceased.

vancityrichard

Jan 24, 2024
I am applying for my mother, my father died so my moyher is widowed. But in case of my mother parents both died, what sould be the martial status for my mother father and mother
Ah I'm sorry for that. If the mother and/or father are deceased, that should be reflected on the form (note that "unknown" is also accepted; the fields just cannot be left blank). If you are unsure, write 'Letter of Explanation'and explain details in there.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I got the AOR letter this afternoon, in that they asked to send imm5768 with SIN no to verify income from CRA (If the form was not already sent with the application), so I resent the form which I had included in my original application.

Here are my updates to my timelines:

Interested submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 12, 2023
Sponsoring: Parents-inside Canada
Application submitted: October 22, 2023
Additional info Requested on: January 19, 2024
Info requested: New passports, Aadhar, Voters ID.
Partial Info submitted: Aadhar and Voter ID on January 22, waiting for renewed passports
Biometrics fees requested: February 06, 2024 (paid and uploaded receipt same day)
New passports submitted: February 14, 2024
AOR received: February 20, 2024 (resent imm5768e)
Processing Office: Case Processing Centre in Mississauga
Sponsorship Approval:
Bio Completed:
Link Application:
Medical:
PCC:
PPR:
COPR

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
I got the AOR letter this afternoon, in that they asked to send imm5768 with SIN no to verify income from CRA (If the form was not already sent with the application), so I resent the form which I had included in my original application.

Partial Info submitted: Aadhar and Voter ID on January 22, waiting for renewed passports
Biometrics fees requested: February 06, 2024 (paid and uploaded receipt same day)
Sponsorship Approval:
Bio Completed:
Link Application:
Medical:
PCC:
PPR:
COPR

[Congratulations]

Reactions: Shankar Iyer

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Guy's

Got AoR but in it is mentioned
"A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number. o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application."

My question I selected yes and signed electronically. Are they expecting a physical signature?
It is also mentioned "To facilitate processing, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx"

My understanding if it was considered a missing document wouldn't they have mentioned to send it to a specific email Id and not as above and I would have seen a notification letter to submit with in 30 days in my gckey portal? Should I consider I m good and await further document or should I physical sign and submit as mentioned above....
Damn these open ended questions from IRCC..

Reactions: GNPLC

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012

Sponsorship Approval:
Bio Completed:
Link Application:
Medical:
PCC:
PPR:
COPR
Hi, you should have resent the required (5768) form again only 'If the form was not already sent with the application'. No harm if you did though.

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Hi All,
I have been asked to provide proof of relationship. They have asked to provide Aadhaar Card, Voter ID and School Records (Fifth grade, middle standard and matriculation / secondary school certificate. I have voter ID but am missing Aadhaar Card (not sure if I will be able to find the aadhaar card). For school certificate, I have grade 10 and 12 marksheets from state school board will that work or I have provide some other documents?

Finally, they have told me that I can not provide the above documents, I should provide principal applicant's ration card, my old and new passports and PAN Card. If I go for this option, should I submit just the first and last page of passport (indian - which provides father and mother's name) or all pages?

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hi All,
I have been asked to provide proof of relationship. They have asked to provide Aadhaar Card, Voter ID and School Records (Fifth grade, middle standard and matriculation / secondary school certificate. I have voter ID but am missing Aadhaar Card (not sure if I will be able to find the aadhaar card). For school certificate, I have grade 10 and 12 marksheets from state school board will that work or I have provide some other documents?

Finally, they have told me that I can not provide the above documents, I should provide principal applicant's ration card, my old and new passports and PAN Card. If I go for this option, should I submit just the first and last page of passport (indian - which provides father and mother's name) or all pages?

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.
Hi, can you please let us know the date when the application was submitted.