Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
That is not true anymore that they sent only e-mail. I received physical mail via Canada post to provide additional documents. I did not received any AoR yet, so I would highly recommend to update the address or check at your old place for any mail they might have received.
Thanks! How does one change their mailing address? I ask because I have recently moved. Do we inform via e-mail? If so, what is the e-mail address?

Nithyasuba

Jun 6, 2019
Did you update your "email address" or mailing address or home address?

If you have a new email address, you need to call. IRCC will send AOR with application number to your email (when the application was submitted). You need AOR to begin to link to your account to track progress.
Before the account is linked, email is the main communication form.

If you only change the address when you live, they don't usually mail snail mail to it. You can update your address in web form.
Hi
Home address and mailing address are same for me.
I recently move to diff address.

Last edited:

Nithyasuba

Jun 6, 2019
That is not true anymore that they sent only e-mail. I received physical mail via Canada post to provide additional documents. I did not received any AoR yet, so I would highly recommend to update the address or check at your old place for any mail they might have received.
Thank you , let me visit them tomorrow.

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
People who received and additional document request whose application number starts with XF....
I spoke to an agent today and he said that ' X' has been removed and the file is in process. application number is F.......This is obviously if you received an additional document request and have sent it you can try this or wait for the official AOR, I asked if I could link to my application to gckey for which he said yes. I will create my account and see how it goes.
I tried with F.... but couldn't find application. Not sure if I am entering something wrong or it just doesn't work.

ILoveCanada9999

Oct 22, 2021
I tried with F.... but couldn't find application. Not sure if I am entering something wrong or it just doesn't work.
I called IRCC, and they said it’s because my application has not been started yet, they suggested me to wait one or two weeks and try again. I’m not sure if it’s the same reason for you.

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
Have you received any email with your application number? If so, then your application is accepted and the dependent's age is locked.
So if the website said you "submit complete application" then it's OK.

The last letter I received for additional documents had 'Application: XF' followed by numbers on the top. Does that mean an application number has been assigned?

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
Can someone tell me what is the procedure to link the application to GCKey? I don't have Application letter with "XF" yet but just wondering if someone can shed a light..

Reactions: Hypatia

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can someone tell me what is the procedure to link the application to GCKey? I don't have Application letter with "XF" yet but just wondering if someone can shed a light..
Your application is not in the system until it receives the application number (or when it's converted from XF to F).
As far as I know, you can't see or link it until then.

Reactions: Whistle

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The last letter I received for additional documents had 'Application: XF' followed by numbers on the top. Does that mean an application number has been assigned?
Once you submitted all the requested documents and the officier/reviewer has mark the application package as complete, then it will be assigned an application number (most cases, it's the same number with the X removed)

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
Once you submitted all the requested documents and the officier/reviewer has mark the application package as complete, then it will be assigned an application number (most cases, it's the same number with the X removed)
Got it. Thank you!

Nedi27

Oct 19, 2023
Hi Anyone got an update or AOR? I wonder if there someone here who submitted their application Oct have an update or AOR already?

vihan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 feb 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 17 march 2016 AOR2 31 march 2016
File Transfer...
21 march 2016 ,DECISION MADE 8 may 2016
Med's Done....
16 jan 2016
Passport Req..
11 may 2016
VISA ISSUED...
5 may 2016
Hi all forum members pls help us .in our file cic ask us to do medical for Non accompanying dependent . But our non accompanying dependent dont have passport.and she dont want to make passport and to do medical. Can cic exempt medical for non accompanying dependent..Thanks

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi all forum members pls help us .in our file cic ask us to do medical for Non accompanying dependent . But our non accompanying dependent dont have passport.and she dont want to make passport and to do medical. Can cic exempt medical for non accompanying dependent..Thanks
I don't know if they'll give an exemption, but according to this you can bring national ID card if you don't have passport, this is as per the IRCC website link attached.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html#when
What to bring
When you go to your appointment for the medical exam, you must bring

• proper identification
    • We strongly recommend you bring your passport as your identification document. You can also use other approved identification documents, including
      • a national identity (ID) card

Reactions: vihan