+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I waited all year in 2023 for me to sumbit interest to apply, my wife who has a PR wants to bring her parents, any ETA when this will open in 2024?
no one knows. And even if it's open, it could be another lottery and she may not get picked.
If she wants her parents to visit soon, it's better to apply for supervisa. (and she needs to know that some parents will never get PRs)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I waited all year in 2023 for me to sumbit interest to apply, my wife who has a PR wants to bring her parents, any ETA when this will open in 2024?
Usually is announced in the fall of each year what the program requirements will be and if open to new profiles.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No eta.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hello folks,

I received mail via Canada post to submit Proof of Relationship-Sponsor: Voter ID card, Aadhar Card and old school certificate (Fifth class, Middle class, and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). If you are unable to provide these items, you may provide the principal applicant's ration card, your Indian passport (expired and current) and/or OCI, and PAN/Income TAX card.

Out of above request I do have only: Aadhar card, secondary and higher secondary school certificate. OCI and surrender Indian passport. Would it be okay?
Please advice, if any one have received this type of doc request.

Thanks
I was asked for Aadhar, and Voters ID.

They've given you plenty of options, give them what you have and sounds like you have more than one so there should be no reason for you to worry. Based on the choices sounds like OCI and surrendered Indian passport might suffice. If you're still concerned write an explanation for what's missing, I found them quite considerate in my case.

Good luck.

Reactions: Samip29

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi everyone, IRCC has requested additional documents from me twice now, but no AOR yet. Does anyone know timeline on when to expect it?

Invitation - Oct 10 2023
Applied: Nov 2, 2023
There's no timeline on these things, the best guess we can make is they go in the order in which they receive the applications. All we can do is wait.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I was able to link my profile to gckey account and since I have done upfront medicals and PCC , it shows Medicals passed on Feb 9, No AoR yet. I will update the tracker with info. Biometrics says valid till 2029 as my father last did biometrics in 2019.
Oh good for you, I did not know you can do the medicals upfront. How did your parents do it ... Where did they go? Don't you need a letter from IRCC for getting the medicals done? How do you do it without that?

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
There's no timeline on these things, the best guess we can make is they go in the order in which they receive the applications. All we can do is wait.
Thank you for your response.

I am worried since we have a dependent on file who will be turning 22 next month. Do you know when does age lock come into effect? The details on the IRCC website just say when we submit complete application. But they have asked for additional documents since then like proof of relationship

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for your response.

I am worried since we have a dependent on file who will be turning 22 next month. Do you know when does age lock come into effect? The details on the IRCC website just say when we submit complete application. But they have asked for additional documents since then like proof of relationship
Have you received any email with your application number? If so, then your application is accepted and the dependent's age is locked.
So if the website said you "submit complete application" then it's OK.

Nithyasuba

Jun 6, 2019
Hi,
Do I required to call the customer care and inform about change in home address? In my application I updated the new address. Not sure they send mail to old address. I haven’t get any update or email from cic yet .
I submitted my application on Dec-6-2023

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
Do I required to call the customer care and inform about change in address? In my application I updated the new address. Not sure they send mail to old address. I haven’t get any update or email from cic yet .
I submitted my application on Dec-6-2023
Did you update your "email address" or mailing address or home address?

If you have a new email address, you need to call. IRCC will send AOR with application number to your email (when the application was submitted). You need AOR to begin to link to your account to track progress.
Before the account is linked, email is the main communication form.

If you only change the address when you live, they don't usually mail snail mail to it. You can update your address in web form.

Samip29

Aug 25, 2019
Did you update your "email address" or mailing address or home address?

If you have a new email address, you need to call. IRCC will send AOR with application number to your email (when the application was submitted). You need AOR to begin to link to your account to track progress.
Before the account is linked, email is the main communication form.

If you only change the address when you live, they don't usually mail snail mail to it. You can update your address in web form.
That is not true anymore that they sent only e-mail. I received physical mail via Canada post to provide additional documents. I did not received any AoR yet, so I would highly recommend to update the address or check at your old place for any mail they might have received.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
That is not true anymore that they sent only e-mail. I received physical mail via Canada post to provide additional documents. I did not received any AoR yet, so I would highly recommend to update the address or check at your old place for any mail they might have received.
Very interesting move of IRCC to go back to physical mail instead of email when applications are submitted online.