+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Question for pros. I see a lot of posts talking about which office is the application assigned to. Seems like some offices are very fast to process application. And some offices are very slow to process application,
My question is how is this application assigned to an office? Is it based on sponsors address? If so does it mean IRCC needs to be informed when sponsor changes addresses?

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
For my parent's PR application, in form IMM 0008, do I need to add my elder brother's detail as dependent or no?
He is 39 years old and married. Thanks!
As per 5772 guide, all children of parents needs to declared, whether accompanying or not. If any child is not accompanying, tick not accompanying box and state reason..

Reactions: mannkaur08

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
when filling out the form IIM1344 AND ENETER CO SIGNER CONTACT INFO AND AFTER FILLING AND SAVING THE FORM IT SAYS CO SIGNER COUNTRY CODE INFO IS NOT CORRECT IT COMES WHen TRYING TO OPEN THE PDF,EVEN CO SIGNER INFO IS CORRECT,all country code for canada automatically filled by system and see another pplz have thread abt this form same error and dont know as u just save it as it is or what, if u google it shows lot of ppl have that issue..ANYone CAN HELP. @Chintan.patel

IMM 1344 Cosigner phone number error
Looks like many have same issues..Even downloading adobe pro wasn't working....the form can be printed, signed, scanned and then upload..it will be good to include in LoE reg the technical issue

Last edited:

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
Quick question: Should I not add information about those children and siblings of the applicant (my mother) who are already Canadian citizens? I did not notice that and filled information for all. Can anyone confirm, please?

Additional family information
You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Enter all names in English and in your native language (for example, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean or Japanese script or Chinese commercial/telegraphic code). If a section does not apply, write “Not Applicable.

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
Hi all,

I have a few questions about the financial evaluation form (IMM 5768):
1. For employment history year 2020, I was employed from 2020-01 till 2020-03 and was laid off (Covid layoff). How do I fill the table? The instructions say for year 2020 EI can be counted. Do I just enter my "income from my tax notice of income 2020" like below:

FromToEmployerGross income for period
2020-01-012020-12-31ABC company and then laid offTotal income from my Notice of Income 2020 say it is $70,000

Or do I have disect it like this:

FromToEmployerGross income for period
2020-03-292020-12-31Unemployed / EII HAVE A PROBLEM HERE (read below)
2020-01-012020-03-29ABC companyI HAVE A PROBLEM HERE (read below)

If I have to do it the second way, I have a problem. All I have is the total income from my Notice of Income 2020, say $70,000. Some of it was made when I was still working at the company and some of it is from my EI when I was laid off. How should I go about this?

2. For signature, do I print the PDF on paper, sign it and scan it as PDF and send it?

Thanks for any help!
1. For EI payments you get T4E so go to my service canada and print EI report and that will show the exact amount of EI for that year.
Also tax return report also shows EI amount so check your cra account and click I think income report for 2020 and that will also tell the amounts.
2. Yes, Print, sign and scan and then upload on portal.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Quick question: Should I not add information about those children and siblings of the applicant (my mother) who are already Canadian citizens? I did not notice that and filled information for all. Can anyone confirm, please?

Additional family information
You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Enter all names in English and in your native language (for example, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean or Japanese script or Chinese commercial/telegraphic code). If a section does not apply, write “Not Applicable.
Yes. This is the 2 parts of this instrcution.

Regardless of age and citizenship/resident status, you need to add all children of principal applicant in the additional family information form.

And if PA have any dependent in this application (i.e. spouse, children under 22 and not canadian/PR of Canada), they need to fill their own additional family information form if they are 18 years or older.

Reactions: Adeelsyed

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Re: IMM 5768, question no. 3-A:

Need clarification, please. I would appreciate your responses.

If the Principal Applicant's spouse is non-accompanying, should I still put "2" on the number of persons included in box #3 of imm 0008?

Or, should I put "1" person which is the Principal Applicant only?

Thanks in advance.

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
Can anyone share the basic requirements to include in the 'Invitation to apply' letter for PGP?
Who should I address: my mother or IRCC Officer?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
I have a few questions, if anyone can help please:

1- Do I need to upload all the pages including Blank pages of my mother's (Principle applicant) passport?
2- When I submitted interest to the sponsor, I was PR, Now I am a citizen. It is mentioned that you must submit the same status that was at the time you submitted interest to the sponsor. Should I add a copy of my PR card? although I have destroyed that during the Citizenship ceremony:

The following is the requirement:
You must include a copy of the same status in Canada document you submitted with your Interest to Sponsor form in 2020 with your application to sponsor your parents and grandparents.

Last edited: