+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

mannkaur08

Dec 3, 2023
Hi All,
I am filling out my parents application for 2023 invite. My parents don't have their birth certificates. Is there any alternate document they can submit?
Thanks!

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Hi All,
I am filling out my parents application for 2023 invite. My parents don't have their birth certificates. Is there any alternate document they can submit?
Thanks!
Hi, According to the 5771E document checklist for PGP under Supporting Documents - Part A (5), you have to upload Sponsor's birth certificate if you are only sponsoring your parents (Parents name on sponsor's birth certificate will prove relation between sponsor and parents). However, if you are also sponsoring your grandparents then you must upload your parents' birth certificate as well.

This is mentioned in the document checklist, but let's see if someone here says otherwise.

Reactions: mannkaur08

peter897

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hello, So I was sponsored by my husband in 2019 to be PR of Canada, now I am filling out application to sponsor my parents to be PR of Canada.
should I answer yes or no for question 5 on IMM1344, where it ask did you become PR after being sponsored as a spouse? It says "if answer is "Yes" and you are sponsoring a spouse, common law or partner then you are not eligible to be a sponsor and should not submit the application"

but I am not sponsoring any partner, I am sponsoring my parents. that makes me eligible to submit this application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, So I was sponsored by my husband in 2019 to be PR of Canada, now I am filling out application to sponsor my parents to be PR of Canada.
should I answer yes or no for question 5 on IMM1344, where it ask did you become PR after being sponsored as a spouse? It says "if answer is "Yes" and you are sponsoring a spouse, common law or partner then you are not eligible to be a sponsor and should not submit the application"

but I am not sponsoring any partner, I am sponsoring my parents. that makes me eligible to submit this application?
You are eligible to sponsor your parents.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
How should I attach the letter of invitation? are you attaching the entire pdf that was emailed to us?
Or just the one page with the barcode that says 'You must upload a digital copy of this page under the section “Additional Supporting Documents” with the Document name of “Other” in the Portal.'

I don't understand why the instructions ask to upload under the "Additional Supporting Documents' when there is already a category for 'Invitation to Apply'

Last edited:

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
I submitted my parent application today, Where can we track the PR application, and can we know which stage has finished?

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Is the principal applicant have to scan all the pages of the passport? even the dependent have to scan as well all pages?

Is this mandatory?
Here is the wording in guide related to passport :

Passports
  • Passports for each person being sponsored should include all the pages and be uploaded under “Additional supporting documents” in your online application.
  • The sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should
    • include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth
    • be uploaded under “Supporting documents” in your online application.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.

Reactions: pedropil and YVR123

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Thanks for your reply and the tip. I'll try it out.

Also, if you could help me with the below question,
The PGP checklist states "A copy of the exact status in Canada document you submitted with your Interest to Sponsor form must be included with your application"

The sponsor had submitted the interest to sponsor form with PR card at the time, and now the sponsor is a citizen so he had to destroy his PR card. He has a copy of the front side of the PR card but not the back. Is this an issue if the back side of PR card cannot be uploaded? Do we need to submit a letter of explanation for this? Sponsor will be uploading his Citizenship certificate along with his Canadian Passport.

Thanks
Sponsor should make ONE pdf file including PR Card (front and back), Citizenship Certificate (front and back) and Canadian Passport. Explanation letter is not necessary for this.
I am not sure it will be major issue not having the back side of PR card but I guess it should not be.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

Is it okay if my parents have gaps in education? There's a 2 year gap between Secondary education and Intermediate. We are showing no gaps in Personal History section in the last 10 years (most recent), however I wanted to know if gap in education is fine or would it create a problem for the application.
Thanks!!!
That shouldn't be issue at all. Don't overthink about unnecessary things.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
How should I attach the letter of invitation? are you attaching the entire pdf that was emailed to us?
Or just the one page with the barcode that says 'You must upload a digital copy of this page under the section “Additional Supporting Documents” with the Document name of “Other” in the Portal.'

I don't understand why the instructions ask to upload under the "Additional Supporting Documents' when there is already a category for 'Invitation to Apply'
any answer to this please?

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
any answer to this please?
We were gonna upload the entire PDF (since the filesize isn't much) in the Invitation to Apply section under Supporting Documents. I also dont understand why on the invitation PDF they are saying to Upload under the section “Additional Supporting Documents” with the Document name of “Other” in the Portal.
Same with Passports.

In the 5772 guide, it states
You must upload a copy of your Invitation to Apply letter that you received as part of the 2023 intake to your online application under the section “Supporting documents.”

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
That shouldn't be issue at all. Don't overthink about unnecessary things.
It's because in the PGP checklist document it states that there should be no gaps in education.

Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
IMPORTANT: For this form to be accepted, it must be complete (incuding no gaps in time for education and personal history in sections C and D)