Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
My brother who lives in Quebec submitted letter of intent back in 2020. We received invitation to apply in 2023.
Can I submit my information as sponsor instead of my brother. The reason is because I live in Ontario and time processing is faster.
Is it mandatory for person who submitted letter of intent to be the sponsor or it doesn't matter?
Highly, highly doubt that this will be allowed

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My brother who lives in Quebec submitted letter of intent back in 2020. We received invitation to apply in 2023.
Can I submit my information as sponsor instead of my brother. The reason is because I live in Ontario and time processing is faster.
Is it mandatory for person who submitted letter of intent to be the sponsor or it doesn't matter?
Your brother got the invite, so only he can submit the application to sponsor.
You cannot sponsor unless you also get the invitation under your name.

Reactions: punjabiguy

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
when filling out the form IIM1344 AND ENETER CO SIGNER CONTACT INFO AND AFTER FILLING AND SAVING THE FORM IT SAYS CO SIGNER COUNTRY CODE INFO IS NOT CORRECT IT COMES WHNE TRYING TO OPEN THE PDF,EVEN CO SIGNER INFO IS CORRECT..ANY CAN HELP. @Chintan.patel

IMM 1344 Cosigner phone number error

Last edited:

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
I do not have death certificate of one parent! what can I do?

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
when filling out the form IIM1344 AND ENETER CO SIGNER CONTACT INFO AND AFTER FILLING AND SAVING THE FORM IT SAYS CO SIGNER COUNTRY CODE INFO IS NOT CORRECT IT COMES WHen TRYING TO OPEN THE PDF,EVEN CO SIGNER INFO IS CORRECT,all country code for canada automatically filled by system and see another pplz have thread abt this form same error and dont know as u just save it as it is or what, if u google it shows lot of ppl have that issue..ANYone CAN HELP. @Chintan.patel

prospective102

Feb 12, 2023
Hi all, Can anyone who submitted their parents PGP application please help with the following query?

Do parents need to scan ALL pages (empty ones too) of their passport OR only the Bio page and stamped/visa pages?
The file size will increase if we include all the empty passport pages as well.

Will it be accepted if parents scan and upload only the Bio page and stamped/visa pages?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Can I be added to the spreadsheet? Thanks
Hi, you can do it yourself. Open the 'Tracker light online' and click on 'Click here to add/update your information on the tracker' on the left upper corner of the tracker. Fill up all the info you have in there.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
when filling out the form IIM1344 AND ENETER CO SIGNER CONTACT INFO AND AFTER FILLING AND SAVING THE FORM IT SAYS CO SIGNER COUNTRY CODE INFO IS NOT CORRECT IT COMES WHen TRYING TO OPEN THE PDF,EVEN CO SIGNER INFO IS CORRECT,all country code for canada automatically filled by system and see another pplz have thread abt this form same error and dont know as u just save it as it is or what, if u google it shows lot of ppl have that issue..ANYone CAN HELP. @Chintan.patel

Yes many People have issues with that co-signer phone number field. I had the same issue. I filled the form with 1 and uploaded it with whatever barcode generated. When you open the saved form again, it will say it's not validated but it's ok. Additionally, what I did is I attached a letter of explanation mentioning the issue. So when an officer is going to open the form they will get notice the error.

Reactions: punjabiguy

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi all, Can anyone who submitted their parents PGP application please help with the following query?

Do parents need to scan ALL pages (empty ones too) of their passport OR only the Bio page and stamped/visa pages?
The file size will increase if we include all the empty passport pages as well.

Will it be accepted if parents scan and upload only the Bio page and stamped/visa pages?
As per guide 5772 you should scan all pages including blank.

Follow this to reduce file size without compromising quality:
1. Scan each page as jpeg
2. Insert all page in MS word and arrange from first to last
3. Save file as PDF.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017

3. Save file as PDF.

Is the principal applicant have to scan all the pages of the passport? even the dependent have to scan as well all pages?

Is this mandatory?

Dave#83

Dec 2, 2023
Hi all, I got the invitation to sponsor my parents. I do not remember I put whether my mom or dad as principle applicant when I made "interest to sponsor" application in 2020. Will this be an issue if I don't chose the right parent as a principle applicant now?

prospective102

Feb 12, 2023

3. Save file as PDF.

Thanks for your reply and the tip. I'll try it out.

Also, if you could help me with the below question,
The PGP checklist states "A copy of the exact status in Canada document you submitted with your Interest to Sponsor form must be included with your application"

The sponsor had submitted the interest to sponsor form with PR card at the time, and now the sponsor is a citizen so he had to destroy his PR card. He has a copy of the front side of the PR card but not the back. Is this an issue if the back side of PR card cannot be uploaded? Do we need to submit a letter of explanation for this? Sponsor will be uploading his Citizenship certificate along with his Canadian Passport.

Thanks

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Thanks for your reply and the tip. I'll try it out.

Also, if you could help me with the below question,
The PGP checklist states "A copy of the exact status in Canada document you submitted with your Interest to Sponsor form must be included with your application"

The sponsor had submitted the interest to sponsor form with PR card at the time, and now the sponsor is a citizen so he had to destroy his PR card. He has a copy of the front side of the PR card but not the back. Is this an issue if the back side of PR card cannot be uploaded? Do we need to submit a letter of explanation for this? Sponsor will be uploading his Citizenship certificate along with his Canadian Passport.

Thanks
I personally think just the front would be okay - All they need is the UCI number which is on the front of the card anyway. They have all the record in their system

prospective102

Feb 12, 2023
Hi all,

Is it okay if my parents have gaps in education? There's a 2 year gap between Secondary education and Intermediate. We are showing no gaps in Personal History section in the last 10 years (most recent), however I wanted to know if gap in education is fine or would it create a problem for the application.
Thanks!!!