+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
I have two issues:
1. My mom's passport has expired and the new passport will have a different (middle) name, as her high school certificate was used for the older passport The passport office is no longer accepting that as ID proof. Passport renewal and wants to use her Aadhar Card or PAN card now and create a new Passport. So the name will be slightly different, and I am not sure which name should I use in the application. She has visited Canada in teh past and had visa on the older passport.
2. She does not have a birth certificate and I am wondering what could be submitted in lieu of that.

Any suggestions folks??
Thanks in advance
1. Fill all the forms based on the current name in passport. Use the UCI what she has from previous visa. Do an affidavit showing both name is related to the same person and upload the affidavit in additional supporting documents section.
2. If you are sponsoring your mom then you have to provide only your birth certificate. Your mom does not need to provide her birth certificate.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Thank you. Yes, did that. I was wondering if we need to write any details on the back of the page as they have stated. If yes, then what sort of details they are looking for. Thanks again.
If you have sponsored anyone previously, you must provide their information on the back page. Even if you co-sign to sponsor someone, you must provide their detail on back page.

sood2038

Oct 25, 2023
I have received an invitation for 2023 under this program for my Mom, and I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I have some questions and issues to discuss and find solutions in terms of the paperwork needed for this application. Deadline for sumission is Dec 22, 2023.
Same here. I have filled most of my application but not submitted yet. What are your questions/

sood2038

Oct 25, 2023
If you have sponsored anyone previously, you must provide their information on the back page. Even if you co-sign to sponsor someone, you must provide their detail on back page.
Yes, never co-signed or sponsored anyone. It's just the way they have written the question, it sounds more like that you have to write something by hand or typing on the back of the page. Which is so confusing.

jvn

Nov 8, 2020
In your previous message you mentioned Your spouse is not co-signing the application. Based on that I advised you to add your spouse in question 5.
If you are single then you should write 0 in question 5.

You should not put 0 in all questions. There is no purpose of this form then. IRCC needs to know your family size that is why they asking your family details.

If you are single without kids and sponsoring your both parent - your family size is 3.
If you are married without kids and sponsoring both parent - your family size is 4. if you have kid(s) add them in to family accordingly.
Im single without kids sponsor only one parent . My family size would be 2. Do I fill anything in question 4? I filled in all 0s in i ii, iii, and iv..

Thanks!

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Im single without kids sponsor only one parent . My family size would be 2. Do I fill anything in question 4? I filled in all 0s in i ii, iii, and iv..

Thanks!
Easy to understand now.
Question 2 (You) is automatically 1. Question 3 A) add 1 (your mother). Enter 0 in rest all (Do not leave them blank). Question 7 will be automatically 2.

Reactions: Munnimehek

jvn

Nov 8, 2020
Easy to understand now.
Question 2 (You) is automatically 1. Question 3 A) add 1 (your mother). Enter 0 in rest all (Do not leave them blank). Question 7 will be automatically 2.
Thanks Chintan !!

For question # 14:
I will do like this
2023-01-01 - Present - XXXX Income I will add for this year paystub
2022-01-01 to 2022-12-31 - XXXX Income from T4
2021-01-01 to 2021-12-31 - XXXX Income from T4
2020-01-01 to 2020-12-31 - XXXX Income from T4

Is this easy for IRRC?

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
@Chintan.patel hi chintan just wanna ask you lets say if my wife co signing the appication and she previously did super visa for her parents thats means she sponsored someone in the past or did apply for visitor visa for her sister which was refused did they have to mention that in the application. its just rergards to the question some one ask you as below: *****If you have sponsored anyone previously, you must provide their information on the back page. Even if you co-sign to sponsor someone, you must provide their detail on back page....

jvn

Nov 8, 2020
Hi all,

If of the check list does not apply to sponsor or applicant, do we leave it unchecked? or checked?

Thanks !

RC_Ab2022

Mar 3, 2023
Thanks Chintan !!

For question # 14:
I will do like this
2023-01-01 - Present - XXXX Income I will add for this year paystub
2022-01-01 to 2022-12-31 - XXXX Income from T4
2021-01-01 to 2021-12-31 - XXXX Income from T4
2020-01-01 to 2020-12-31 - XXXX Income from T4

Is this easy for IRRC?
I did it this way. The accepted it.

RC_Ab2022

Mar 3, 2023
For IMM5768e, it does not allow signature.
I have done following
1. Print as PDF
2. Sign using Signature panel in Adobe PDF
3. Upload

Most people seem to be suggesting print and sign but I find above more convenient. Can this causes issues?
In my experience I didn't it did not cause an issue. I filled up all details electronically then print, sign, scan, and upload.

Reactions: Munnimehek

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
She can complete Biometrics and Medical here in Canada. No need to go back to home country for that.
Hi Chintan
Just another quick question, what about passport submission. Is it possible to submit passport from Canada as well?

Thanks in advance
SHSajib

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
@Chintan.patel hi chintan just wanna ask you lets say if my wife co signing the appication and she previously did super visa for her parents thats means she sponsored someone in the past or did apply for visitor visa for her sister which was refused did they have to mention that in the application. its just rergards to the question some one ask you as below: *****If you have sponsored anyone previously, you must provide their information on the back page. Even if you co-sign to sponsor someone, you must provide their detail on back page....
Hi,
Super visa and visitor visa are not considered as sponsorship. Those are temporary residency visas. If any type of Canadian visa refused for the current principle applicant and dependents - those need to be mention only.
In your case your wife does not sponsored anyone previously and does not have to mention visa refusal of her sister.

Reactions: punjabiguy

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi Chintan
Just another quick question, what about passport submission. Is it possible to submit passport from Canada as well?

Thanks in advance
SHSajib
Yes passport can be submitted within Canada. IRCC will provide you instruction when file is about to complete.
They may even don't ask for passport as your parent is in Canada, they will probably directly mail you COPR. That is what happened in 2021 and 2022 with applicants residing in Canada.

Reactions: SHSajib