+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
mine income for 2022 is 2k n mine spouse is 100 k n our total family size is 5 and LICO requirement is 83k for 2022 and our both combined income is 102k for 2022, seems like we are good right as my spouse is my co signer ..Please guide
Fill the form available on cic website since there may be a slight difference in calculations.
Also the fees will not be refundable so better to calculate everything before submitting the file.

here is the link:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5748e.pdf

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
Fill the form available on cic website since there may be a slight difference in calculations.
Also the fees will not be refundable so better to calculate everything before submitting the file.

here is the link:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5748e.pdf
I don’t think we need any form like that even though is there is difference in calculation as all three years our combined income is over 125k for family size of 5 which is way over the what is the real LICO… correct me if I am wrong

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don’t think we need any form like that even though is there is difference in calculation as all three years our combined income is over 125k for family size of 5 which is way over the what is the real LICO… correct me if I am wrong
As you have been told, it is by year so if your NOAs total over LICO for each of the three years, then you are fine. No need to ask ”correct me if I am wrong.”

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My son knows that if they go home now, it will take us about atleast 5 yrs before we could see them again since we need to save up for a family of 5. Atleast if they got chosen for now, it will take us a year or two and they could finally stay here for good. My mom and dad refused to do the super visa because insurance for them will cost us around $6000 for both of them. So they decided to just go home. Anyway thanks for the link.
Based on your previous posts they haven’t met LICO and would only meet LICO if the siblings could be co-signers but that is not possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did anyone got invitation for today? My mom and dad is here with me and they’ll be going back home in the Philippines next month. My 8 yr old son is crying already and been pleasing my mom not to go back home. Did anyone got any invitation with confirmation number starting with 24***** and ends with -20?
This is very common when grandparents go home after a visit whether grandparents live a few hours away for many hours by plane. Children adapt and given now have the ability to see their grandparents through video chat quite easily.

pgp20231016

Oct 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Please can you help me on how to chose principal applicant as I don't remember what did i enter in interest form, please any help on this would be appreciated.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Mathematically, no matter what your assumption is, the distribution should be even. So if the invite of the 1st week is actively posted in this forum, this week should be NO difference! However, the fact is that much fewer are posted here this week compared to the last week.

Thus, the invites are mostly sent in the 1st week, whereas much less are sent in the 2nd. Many people like me witnessed this in 2021 and 2022 as well. You cannot fight against math. Cheers! Period : P
You are doing mathmatics and saying "You cannot fight against math."
I can try that but only have 10% chance of receiving it. So just thinking if an affidavit can work? If someone has an template that you can share.
Thanks
Better use marriage certificate , Affidavit is just in case you do not have the document .
Incase you did not get , then you can do affidavit , But i will not suggest

Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: find_anand

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
mine income for 2022 is 2k n mine spouse is 100 k n our total family size is 5 and LICO requirement is 83k for 2022 and our both combined income is 102k for 2022, seems like we are good right as my spouse is my co signer ..Please guide
You are good ,

Reactions: find_anand

ironman21

Jan 14, 2020
Hi dear folks.
Guess lucky us are preparing the document now.
I have some questions and hope anyone could help answer.
Basic information for my case:
1. My wife (sponsor) is applying for her parents. Her income does not meet the minimum requirement. We are a family with 2 kids, and now undertaking 2, so total number is 6.
2. I am co-signer. My income meets minimum requirement. both wife and myself had filed tax and NOAs in the past 7 years.
3. Wife, myself, kids are all Canadian citizen.
4. Wife has been in Canada in the past 7 years. I'm working in different countries with work visa and come back to Canada every 2-4 months. Sometimes I stay outside of Canada for 6 months continuously, sometimes I stay in Canada for 6 months continuously, working from home for the employer outside of Canada. I don't have a Canadian employer since 2020.

Questions:
1. Form 1344, co-signer residency declaration: Are you a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada? My assumption is No. As I do live both in Canada and other countries.
2. Form 1344, co-signer eligibility assessment, question 3: Do you reside in Canada and no other country? My understanding is, my home is in Canada, and I have strong tie with Canada. But I do live in other countries due to work. What should I answer?
3. Form 5768, question 17 employment history: I worked in different countries not by calendar year, so the gross income of the period will not match my NOA which is by tax year. Should I break down the period by calendar year, so it's easier to match NOA?
4. Form 5768, I have a period of unemployment, but I did receive a payment from employer due to termination of my contract prematurely. So in that period, my status is unemployed, but have gross income?
5. Form 5768, my wife has a period of unemployment, but she had rental income from house that we owned. So during that period, will her status be unemployed, but have gross income?

Thanks a lot in advance. Hope everyone is progressing well.

Last edited:

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Unless you are sponsoring your grandparents you don't need to submit your parents birth certificate.What you need is just yours to prove your relationship to your parents.

Reactions: canmart