+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

MoE93

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ottawa
So your you didn’t claim your Uber income or deductions? So your Uber statement changed and added income? Reassessment can take months and if CRA is concerned that you haven’t been declaring all income, you may be audited for all your tax years.
So your you didn’t claim your Uber income or deductions? So your Uber statement changed and added income? Reassessment can take months and if CRA is concerned that you haven’t been declaring all income, you may be audited for all your tax years.
I did declare my uber income but I find out there is discrepancy in Uber statement it shows less than what I got in my bank account, so I want to declare what I received in my bank, which will increase my income, lets focus on question than investigating me on taxes, my question is : Is IRCC gona accept my reassessment or not? this is the question

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I did declare my uber income but I find out there is discrepancy in Uber statement it shows less than what I got in my bank account, so I want to declare what I received in my bank, which will increase my income, lets focus on question than investigating me on taxes, my question is : Is IRCC gona accept my reassessment or not? this is the question
IRCC will accept your reassessment if CRA accepts it and issue you with new NOA before IRCC evaluate your eligibility to sponsor (minimum income requirement)

If you bank statement is different from the tax document issued by uber, then you should have contacted uber to correct it instead of just filed it as is with lower income.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to get Uber to reissue the statement. Just submitting bank statements is not enough. Then submit Uber updated statement to reopen your file and reassess your tax form. IRCC will accept it if you can get your updated NOA by the time you need to submit.

Last edited:

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
another year.... another fail. Congrats everyone who got the email. I guess next year, the 6th year for us, we might get lucky!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Thanks. Did that create any issue from IRCC or any questions? Also did that way, you were able to manage all the queries (if any) during the process without any issue from IRCC? Did they reach out to you for any additional query directly as you identified yourself as their representative?

Appreciate your responses so far. I just want to be confident in becoming the representative knowing there won't be major challenges down the road
1- Did that create any issue from IRCC or any questions? - Nope

2- Also did that way, you were able to manage all the queries (if any) during the process without any issue from IRCC?- I had one Query for my mother medical further test and they replied to me as I was representative.

3- they reach out to you for any additional query directly as you identified yourself as their representative? - Nope , they will ask any query to Applicant only , Only benefit with representative is you can also ask on behalf of applicant (i.e. your parents behalf)

Good Luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You actually need to prove to Uber that their income calculation was wrong. Tough to believe that their calculation of your income was incorrect unless a large number of people were getting incorrect income statements. Seen other cases of restating their income around PGP time get audited for many years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Question for all experienced people here - In July 2023 I got letter from CRA asking me to send some invoice for my office expenses as I declared $5000 as office expenses as my deduction for year 2020. I uploaded explanation letter along with justification of $5000 expenses. It's been 4.5 months now I haven't heard anything back yet from CRa. Looks like my 2020 NOA needs to be reassessed but I am waiting for a response back from CRA. Also it's just relate to $5000 as my deduction. There is no impact to my income. Can this impact my PGP application assuming CRA is too slow and may not send me new NOW on time?
Whether 5k is included would impact your income although you may earn more than LICO either way

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO ALL,
I have question regarding the form IMM0008 question no. 12 previous country of residence. My mother has been to canada before but each trip was less than 6 months. but total 3-4 trips was more than 6 months. do I need to take the total duration. or just duration of each single trip.

and second question is that in dependents information why do they ask about spouse information. only one parent is principle applicant, do I have to include the info of other parent in dependents information. Thanks

palg

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Patiala
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
7216 Supervisors Mechanical Maintenance
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2011
AOR Received.
Jan-2012
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
Nov-2013 , DD encashed on 08.12.2013, medical received line on 14.02.2014
Interview........
No idea
Passport Req..
Nov-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Very soon........
This. They cant open it to others. Sorry. We are ahead in the queue.
Agree..they need to clean the backlog..